FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Oil light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sportage50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportage50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil light
    Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:59pm
Good afternoon everyone I’ve got an oil light coming on when the car gets to running temperature I’ve had engine flushed and new oil and filter change and pressure switch but the light still coming on when driving my garage told me that oil pressure was pretty good just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if I’m looking at a new oil pump
Sponsored Links

sean h View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 11:17pm
see 13.5.18 same subject most likely faulty switch which is hard to get to

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportage50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:58am
Ok thank you I’ll get it checked
Billfish@548 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billfish@548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:16am
I have an oil pressure light coming on at idle, only when its warm.  ill start by changing the pressure sender switch, if only i could find it.  im a competent enough mechanic, and I can do the job, just cant find the switch.  can anyone help
sean h View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 4:06pm
a description of where the oil pressure switch is located was posted on 13 of may this year   subject oil pressure switch       sean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportage50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 8:59pm
What year is your Kia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportage50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:01pm
Mine is at the back of the engine under the turbo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billfish@548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:03pm
its a 2005 2.0 ltr diesel sportage.  i cant find the post previously mentioned.  can you report it please.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billfish@548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:09pm
OK found the previous post, its at the back of the block next to the oil filter apparently.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic