FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Not Starting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nothappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not Starting
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:59pm
Hi, I'm new here and my first ever Kia and not too happy!...
I bought a Kai Carens from a dealer on 7/06/2017 the car was registered on 24/06/2016 the car is a "Kia assured used car" and comes with 7 year warranty from date I purchased it. I drove the car home then a couple of very short journeys, car didn't always start first time but I thought that I just needed to get used to having to have foot on clutch and turn key to start. By Sunday 11/06/2017 I thought there might be a problem with the car rather than with me! I took car into the garage on Wednesday 14/06/2107 and by now car was taking as many as 6 attempts to start. Spoke to salesman I bought car from and he said it's not right, take it to service department, guy there struggled to start it and said the battery probably needed charged. They kept car over night and charged the battery then test drive and told me battery was now fine and car started first time when I picked it up on Thursday 15/06/2017, by next day the was car back to not starting so phoned garage and told to bring it in on Monday 19/06/2017. On Sunday 18/06/2017 my husband went to start the car, it started on second attempt but made an awful noise like it was misfiring then later on after going shopping it took at least 12 attempt to get car started.
Really fed up, love the car and in an ideal world I would just like to swap it for one that starts Smile 
Sorry for such a long post but am really a bit cross to say the least Angry
Sponsored Links

Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:12am
Why are you spamming the forum by posting this all over the place?
Just take it back and get them to fix it.
Cars do break down/have issues. It's not ideal but it happens.
Involve customer services if required.
nothappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:49am
Wow...thanks for your kind reply! As for "spamming" I didn't know where was the best place to post and as there doesn't seem to be that many posts in the carens area I thought it was logical to post in the other 2, please accept my aologies if you "had" to see my post 3 times, you could have just ignored it.
As for the car, it was back in the garage and that didn't solve the problem, I appreciate that cars "breakdown/have issues" but after paying £17,500 I am a bit concerned that I am going to end up with a car that gives me problems and spends time in the garage. I feel that as this is a Kia used approved car that has had it's 88 point check then any problem that was there should have showed up.
As for your advice to involve customer services, that was the reason I "spammed" them too! They have replied and I am going to give them a call.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic