FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

No throttle response.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hector69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hector69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No throttle response.
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 1:18pm
I am having problems with my 05 2.5 Diesel Sorento xe. when I start the engine I get a
fast tickover approx.1300 rpm but absolutely no response from the throttle pedal.The engine check light is on but no fault codes are showing. The throttle pedal and the short cable have been replaced and the throttle body cleaned but with no success.I will attempt to remove the ECU but I am finding it very difficult to unplug the cables.If drying out the ECU works how can I clear the engine check light? Any other suggestions to cure the problem would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 1:22pm
Plug an OBD reader in to delete it
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
hector69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hector69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 1:04pm
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Having just collected the motor from the garage would I be right in thinking that they would be unable to clear the engine check light as the problem still existed although no fault codes were showing?
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 1:22pm
If it can't be cleared with reader,have you tried disconnecting the battery and leaving for a while and then connect again?
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
hector69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hector69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:47pm
I have just refitted the ECU after drying it in the house. there is now throttle response but the idle speed is now 3000rpm ? The battery was disconnected for 48 hours but the check light is still on. I would welcome any suggestions as to what else to try as regards the throttle/revs problem as i have run out of ideas. The nearest Kia dealer is over 40 miles away and not really an option given the erratic running.
hector69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hector69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:07pm
Just to update, all seems to be sorted engine check light out and engine running sweetly again. Many thanks Birdman for your advice it is much appreciated, thank you again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic