FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

no CD player

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
martin333 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 4:18pm
Now... this is my experience.

When I first used a flash drive, it wouldn't work, and neither would the AUX input (the stereo jack). I went back to the dealer, and they quickly fixed it. It was a loose connection on the back of the sockets. Quickly fixed, and I was on my way. Maybe it's worth getting the dealer to check it out just incase the same has happened to you?

The media player usually automatically plays the USB flash drive as soon as you insert it. Also, check that you have properly formatted your flash drive prior to adding your MP3 files (I recommend just dragging and dropping them (or copy and paste them) onto your flash drive). When you "format" your flash drive, make sure to choose the proper setting that is described in your cars manual (I can't remember the setting off the top of my head just now I'm afraid). (I think it's FAT32?).

It's worth noting that Sandisk flash drives come with built in security software that MUST be wiped first, otherwise the media player will just assume it is a data flash drive, and won't attempt to read it. The software will be wiped though when you format your flash drive anyway. I use a 32GB Sandisk Ultrafit with no issues at all!

Edited by martin333 - 02 Jul 2016 at 4:22pm
2014 Kia Soul 'Maxx' 1.6CRDi
Sponsored Links

oldfart65+ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart65+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 9:39pm
Thanks to you all who replied and tried to assist me with my NONE CD player problems.
I finally gave up and took car back to the showroom/dealer. They tried my stick in their vehicles and their stick in mine.
RESULT: My car has the fault , and is going back in next Wednesday. So hopefully they will rectify the fault, and I can then play my beloved 60,s music.
So once again thank you all for your help and advice
Pete (Oldfart 65+)
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 11:51pm
Must be the 60s music that it didn't like, but for me, that and the late 50s, was the best period.  Better than the rubish of today.  Enjoy when it is sorted.

An even older fart - 1937 model.

Edited by Lancelot1937 - 09 Jul 2016 at 11:52pm
Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2017
Kia_Giant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kia_Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 3:03am
I find using Kingston 8GB USB Stick is best, have tried 16/32 and had no media issues
GTOldie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 7:39am
I have my mobile holder fitted to the CD slot so I'll be stuffed when I change to a car without CD!
(But don't worry I have lots of the other types lined up ready to be used!)
Tim
2014 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT (~1W, In Wales)
xhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 8:24am
I just have them on my mobile, plays by bluetooth no problem.

Keith
Venga 3 1.6 6spd auto. April 2016
amdaley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amdaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 3:01pm
I use a USB key & my android phone.
No problem with either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic