FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

no CD player

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
oldfart65+ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart65+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no CD player
    Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 9:06pm
Hello
After owning various SPORTAGES for last 10+ years. I have now down sized and just brought a 2014 SOUL mixx. As a car for my now needs its great,.
And as you all are aware this little beauty is a youngsters car, (Mood lights around door speakers, etc). But when I went to put on a C.D (Oh my there isnt a CD player fitted
So how do I to get to hear all my favoured 60,s music? Looking through the handbook it recommends using an MP3 or I Pod   
On to my trusty pc and hit on MP3/I p od , I now don't know my ass from my elbow, I'm more confused than ever, with all the talk of "ROOT drive etc".
I have no idea now what device is best suited for my new little car, so if anybody can help an old fart that is a Techno Dinosaur. as to what is best to use . It would be most appreciated

Many Thanks
Sponsored Links

rizmo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 4:42pm
Hi Peter, and welcome to the forums.
Many of the members use pen drives, that fit into the USB slot in the car. Fairly easy to put your CDs into your PC and store them in i-tunes, or similar. You can them transfer them onto the pen drive, and have hours of music in the car. I use a 16 Gb pen drive, so far with 502 songs on it, and it has hardly started to fill up.

BTW - I am 66 and deffo not technical, bit always a neighbour's kid who can sort it!

Edited by rizmo - 27 Jun 2016 at 4:43pm
Fleet: Kia Venga 3 1.6 auto, Subaru XV 2.0 SE Premium Lineartronic, Hyundai i40 Estate, Ford Transit Connect van, Talbot 10 (1938)
grahambiddulph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahambiddulph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 5:50pm
Yes, I have the same problem with my new Kia Rio 1.4 crdi 3 looks like its memory sticks all round then.
kia62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kia62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 6:25pm
Same problem I had with new sportage 3,but a Sandisk 16gb usb stick from Asda,bit of trial and error on "puter" and hey presto 547 songs on usb with space for another 2000!!,now to put ELO,s greatest hits on.
white sportage ISG3
grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 7:49pm
Like a mug I paid out for a 32Gb stick. It'll never be more than 10% full.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart65+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 8:38pm
Hello Thanks to all that replied and gave me advice.
I have followed advice given and brought a "Sandisk 16GB stick". "RIPPED all my 60s music on to PC, then !"SYNCED" on to the "Sandisk 16GB stick"
Tested it on the TV all worked great Went out to the car and put my "Sandisk 16GB stick into the "USB port and Car unit says no "Media inserted" Tried a number of times still no luck The car media system options , nothing for music, Pictures or dvd,s, being accessiable.
Ive read the hand books, got in the Local neighbors kid, and still nothing.
1 last thing ive seen in the handbook is the "RESET BUTTON". ive refrained from using this until I have consulted the "ORACLE", (That means you my friends) It defers everything back to factory settings. Can I please have your advice again
Many thanks (for both last time and "hopefully this time").
kia62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kia62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 8:45pm
Strange that,did exactly as you did for mine and my partners 8gb for her Swift and it was literally "plug and play" for both.
white sportage ISG3
cliffc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 12:04pm
Hi
Not sure if this will help i had the same problem just said the usb was empty, so i pluged the usb back into my pc then right clicked on the usb left clicked on properties and check that the usb is fat32 if its not you need to change it so it says fat32. to do that it would be best to google how to change it.
Hope this helps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldfart65+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 8:15pm
Hello All
Ive tried again to get the USB to work, ive now looked at the screen options again.
Ive gone in to "ALL MENUS". And the 11 option symbols appear, "Radio" is lit, so are "current location, Navigation, Phone, Quick guide, Climate and Setting"
The following option symbols are NOT lit: "Music Video, Image, and UAX"
Does this mean its unavailable on this vehicle? or is something that is switched off?
If anyone can helpme on this, if not ill have to try again at the Dealership
Many Thanks
Pete
rizmo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 8:51pm
I would have thought that having a USB socket on the car, then that is your AUX input. Can you find someone with an ipad or mp3 player, and plug that in? If that works, you know it is your pen drive.
Fleet: Kia Venga 3 1.6 auto, Subaru XV 2.0 SE Premium Lineartronic, Hyundai i40 Estate, Ford Transit Connect van, Talbot 10 (1938)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic