FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Niro Towbar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Kiora View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:28am
Hello Jetpack Toby,
If you do go ahead with your towbar idea make sure your insurance company agrees that it is compliant with a UK Niro.  At the moment it may be the case that it is more to do with electronic management rather than the fitting of a towbar, also on most vehicles a cut has to be made in the bumper but rarely bumper removal.
Here is a link showing Kia approved towbars,  http://accessoires-kia.be/niro/transport-packs/     ; the page is in english but relates only to Europe across the channel, strange that 21 miles of sea makes a difference.

Like you a towbar is not essential for me but I am determined to discover why the UK Niro has no towing capability but in the rest of Europe it does, I emailed Kia on Thursday 5th on this matter but as yet no reply, yesterday I phoned them but was referred back to my dealer also have asked on the Kia facebook page. My local sales manager returns today from a Kia meeting and may have an answer for me, if so this page will be the first to know.
Sponsored Links

Recycleman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recycleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:25pm
Hello Kiora, notice on KCS forum page that the the PM you a message regarding the towbar, any answer for the rest of us.
Kiora View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:38pm
Yes I am aware but don't know how to view the message, have asked administrator's how to go about this so waiting for a reply.

Once enabled will let you know.
jim1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 7:57am
You might need to make a certain number of forum posts before being able to access the message functions
Niro 2 with ADAP in Pearl White (metallic)

Picanto 2 5 door in white.

Previous,
Niro 2 with ADAP in pearl white.

Sportage2 1.6GDI 2014, Dark Gun Metal
sportage 1,black,2012.
Picanto 1air white
Recycleman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recycleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 8:47am
Look at the very top of the forum page and it should say private messenger, click on that and you then should see the message
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 10:33am
You need 20 (I think) forum posts before you can open a pm. If you're a bit light just welcome a newbie or six - they soon mount up. 👍
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013
Kiora View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 12:43pm
Thanks all for the info re PM access, also got a reply on the 12th from Master Support Mailbox re PM access, they wanted to know which web site as they run a few.  They now have this information and await a reply.
Will now take your advice and bump up my posts and see what hppens.
Kiora View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 1:43pm
Have just heard back from my local Kia sales manager re Niro towing and the gist of the conversation was,

1- No UK Niros will be able to tow.

2 - Reason,    UK Niro's have no uprated brakes or electrical package fitted.

I know no more than this and still waiting to read my PM from Kia Customer Service.

Kiora View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 1:53pm
Just bumped up my posts and dave1978 is correct you need 20 posts to access PM's.

Here is the reply from Kia.

-  To tow, the Niro requires a towing pack fitted at factory, which includes larger brakes and a better cooling system. At present, none of the UK vehicles have this. 

- The Belgian bar referred to is locally sourced in Belgium and not approved to manufacturer standard by either Kia UK or Kia Europe. Any approval is from Kia Belgium alone. Fitting this bar to a vehicle, especially one fitted without a towing pack may invalidate any warranty claims. 

We’re sorry to say there are no plans to add towing capacity for the Niro in the UK. Some distributors in Europe may decide otherwise but demand in the UK is very low so our product team have decided against it.

We’re pleased you’re otherwise happy with your new car.

We now have the defintive answer.
AlanHo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanHo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 12:50pm
There is clearly a cost factor in the larger brakes and better cooling system which would have increased the prices of all the cars just to cater for a minority who would want to tow.

It's no consolation to those who would like to use the Niro for towing - but the majority of buyers benefit from a lower price.
Niro 2 With ADAP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic