FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

New Tyres

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TerryB58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryB58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 12:45pm
They leave them alone or just change the inners to the valve.

TPMS is not new but it is now on a lot more vehicles.

Always a good shout to let make sure they know that your car has TPMS when you take it in for new tyres, they should be a bit more careful when removing the tyre and they won't use the usual trick of 'pulling the valve' to deflate the tyre first.
Sponsored Links

monkeydave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:09am
Originally posted by grumpycrdi grumpycrdi wrote:

Originally posted by monkeydave monkeydave wrote:

if you go to independent tyre places what do they do about the TPMS system, do they leave it alone or just replace the inner valve itself?

That is a very good question

and another good question is what do they do if they start leaking can you actually take the valve itself out of the tube or is it one complete unit and at £150 each that is very expensive £600 for a car at 7 years old for unneeded gimicks

Edited by monkeydave - 21 Aug 2016 at 12:10am
Ash5Percent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash5Percent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 9:22pm
Ash5Percent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash5Percent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 1:42am
I cannot answer for every tyre shops practices.
However, my tyre shop replaces valves which i go to.

Also, I like to put blue loctite paste on my nuts. On my wheel nuts just to clarify! lol! (I do not want anyone thinking im trying to lock myself tight.) LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic