FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

New Speed Cameras on M20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
GTOldie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Speed Cameras on M20
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:43am
New speed cameras went live yesterday on the M20 in Kent.

Highways England say that the average speed cameras will be operational until autumn next year. 

They will monitor roadworks between junctions 9 to 11 with a speed limit of 50 MPH - a new junction (10a) costing £104 million is being built.

A spokesman for Highways England commented: "Speed cameras will be operational when we reduce the running lane to two lanes in both directions."

He added: "They will be operational 24/7."

Source 

Edited by GTOldie - 16 May 2018 at 6:45am
Tim
'18 Stinger GT-Line S Ceramic Grey with red leather.
'14 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT
'07 3500Kg Motorhome & Citroen C1 tow-car
'98 3.8L V6 Chevy Camaro Auto RWD
Sponsored Links

Aerobat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerobat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:42pm
Time for smart cruise control then Thumbs Up
2 litre GT-line s, Red with black leather ordered,due late March - early April
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:55pm
Or smart driving.....
"The Boss" has a 13-plate Picanto and I have a 17-plate 1.0 ltr Hyundai i30 Se Nav new generation with all the options(and very nice it is too.....)
phil866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:06pm
Or just sticking to the speed limit, Smile
2010 Skoda Fabia HTP Elegance (previous '05 Rio le+) but my other car is a fully rebuilt 1976 Signal Red Triumph Spitfire 1500. Mmmmmm!!
rizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:11am
All of the M1 cameras are now live 24/7, both the sneaky yellow ones and the speed restriction ones (even when no restriction signs illuminated), and they are making a fortune in fines. Drove up yesterday, from J26 to J28, and loads of cars and vans well over 70. Could see loads of flashes from cameras on other side of the motorway, but did not seem to register with some drivers.
Fleet: Kia Venga 3 1.6 auto, Subaru XV 2.0 SE Premium Lineartronic, Hyundai i40 Estate.
Paul_Moxhay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paul_Moxhay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:22am
Surely these are a good idea? It will catch those that habitually speed and also make the road safer. Yes they make a bit of money from them but that isn't the purpose.

No one likes to get caught speeding and the vast majority of us do it (yes, I got caught and have done a speed awareness course so I include me!) but speeding makes the roads more dangerous (especially at road works), it wastes fuel and money, increases emissions and it increases our stress levels. I support anything that helps reduce the number of speeding drivers.

<OK, off soapbox!>
Kia Sportage 2017 KX-5, 7500 miles
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:49am
I have never seen the point of painting the camera boxes yellow. As we all know the maximum speed limits, disguise all the cameras and capture all the cynical morons who take every opportunity to speed, only slowing down for the duration of the road marking measurements.

The profits from such a project could mend quite a few potholes!

Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Indalo Indalo wrote:

Every pothole I'd imagine... 
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
rizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:59am
Fully agree with both of you. Amazing how many drivers don’t understand the working of the average speed cameras, racing between them then slowing to go past them, not realising it’s the time taken to go from one to the next that calculates their average speed.
Fleet: Kia Venga 3 1.6 auto, Subaru XV 2.0 SE Premium Lineartronic, Hyundai i40 Estate.
Paul_Moxhay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul_Moxhay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Indalo Indalo wrote:

I have never seen the point of painting the camera boxes yellow. As we all know the maximum speed limits, disguise all the cameras and capture all the cynical morons who take every opportunity to speed, only slowing down for the duration of the road marking measurements.

Me too... it is a sad state we find ourselves in here in the UK that we have to advertise that people are being watched because of "the right to privacy". Poppycock!

I take a rather hard-line view in these things... if you don't want to be caught then don't break the law. I believe that law-enforcement should be allowed to use every trick in the book to catch those that do and IMO that should include disguised cameras, police cars out of view (not stuck on a mound so everyone can have plenty of advanced notice to slow down), CCTV in all public places etc.

I would have lots more cameras and hidden! More police hiding behind bridges (they do that in the USA quite effectively), and a lot more CCTV. 

Better not vote me in to power!

It is all very frustrating.
Kia Sportage 2017 KX-5, 7500 miles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic