FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

New Sorento Purchase and DPF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
etrader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Sorento Purchase and DPF
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 3:35pm
Hello, I am looking to purchase a 2009 Sorento to pull a horse trailer.

It will be an Automatic XE model so I have reduced most of the risks around possible TOD system and dual mass flywheel failures.

I am wondering does the 2009 Sorento come with a DPF? Were DPF's always fitted to all models and are these a source of problems??

Many thanks
Simon
Sponsored Links

hoverspeed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoverspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:07pm
if  its auto it wont have a dual mass flywheel.
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:04pm
with the TOD transfer box you have to assume it is not working until you can prove other wise.
etrader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:09am
Hi, thanks, I understand it does not have a dual mass flywheel because it is automatic, but does the 2009 Sorento have a diesel particulate filter and do they cause problems?
hoverspeed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoverspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:11am
Hi
No it doesent have a diesel particulate filter I have a 2009 xs model

Edited by hoverspeed - 13 Jul 2018 at 7:54pm
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:02am
You are looking at an XE Auto. The is the safest bet to buy. It has no TOD transfer box that is a plus. It has no DMF as it is Auto that is a plus and it has no DPF. You should be able to find a good one.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
etrader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:41am
Hi, just checked - it is actually an XS model not an XE so it will have a TOD system which is a downer - if I proceed with the purchase I would have to pull the fuse mentioned on this forum - assuming the TOD system is working correctly otherwise I would not buy it.

Amazing there is no DPF on a 2009 - this is a major plus.

What is interesting is that the CO2 is coming up as 209g on the DVLA website and it's also down as 209g on the log book - so it is the lower tax. Every Auto Sorento that I have seen is coming up as 228g CO2 costing £540 - any why this might be???

Edited by etrader - 13 Jul 2018 at 11:42am
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:47am
QAs it is a 2009 you cannot just pull the fuse out as on the pre facelift model. If you pull it out you will get lights on the dash light up as other circuits are on the same fuse .You will not have ABS braking just one example.
The co2 is low as there were a few mis registered as Manual emissions and not Auto. The new MOT checked that came in April on emissions will probably show this up.

Edited by BIRDMAN - 13 Jul 2018 at 11:52am
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:59am
If you do a search back on this forum some time ago the question of why someone's motor had a low CO .Kia customer services stated on here that all 2007 Autos onwards should be in the higher bracket
etrader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:01pm
Thankyou for the advice. If it's misregistered any idea what this would mean going forward - can they change the rating at some point?

Can you explain how the new MOT would affect the rating - again might it lead to a rerating???

If you dont know the answer I understand. I don't really want to stump up £540 in car tax each year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic