FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

New Rio looks like Hyundai I20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
the basket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the basket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rio looks like Hyundai I20
    Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 5:07am
If the Rio is a copy of the I20 then that's very good.
Hyundai I20 is very good car.
And I would have a new Rio very very easily.
Sponsored Links

smellmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smellmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 7:54am
They are the same car underneath after all, just like an i30 is a Cee'd, i10 is a Picanto and so on.
Previous: 04 Saab 9-3 2.2 TiD Arc, 02 Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive, 51 BMW 320td Compact, 52 Vectra 3.2 V6 GSi, 99 Honda Civic 1.8 VTi, 95 Nissan Primera 2.0 LX, 89 & 86 Nissan Bluebird 1.6 LX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the basket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 9:41am
Indeed.
But the trick was before is that they looked different.
The new Rio looks like a rebadged I20.
johnsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 9:57am
Looks a bit to polo'ish for my liking. Maybe trying a bit too hard to be European?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the basket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 10:06am
Thought it looked like an Audi!
But that's not necessarily a bad thing.
If you sell to Europe then looking like a Polo is going to be numero Uno on the list.
johnsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 10:08am
I agree that dynamically kia want their cars to be like the top European ones. But looks wise I hope they don't copy too much. I liked the last Rio shape, was very different.
monkeydave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 6:41pm
the dashboard looks cheap compared to the current model and def vw on the outside, wait for the £1000 to £2000 price increase and no discount
Ash5Percent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash5Percent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 5:47pm
Bmw have lost staff to Koa over the last 3 or 4 years.
Even a engineer from BMWs mtec division is now at Kia.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic