FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

New car search

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rizmo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New car search
    Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 10:43am
Been trawling round dealers , as g/f wants new car, and hates condescending salesmen! So, we have been looking at a number of hybrids, of varying makes, and she made the comment that they all look so "space age", like you would find in a comic. I then took her to look at the Niro, and she fell in love with it. A normal looking car, but a hybrid, so we are well pleased and will order one, when her lease is up. She had previously said that all hybrids looked a bit odd, so I deliberately left he Niro till last. Thank goodness she did not go for the Toyota!
Fleet: Kia Venga 3 1.6 auto, Subaru XV 2.0 SE Premium Lineartronic, Hyundai i40 Estate, Ford Transit Connect van.
Sponsored Links

grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 2:54pm
The way that the press(aided and abetted by government propaganda) is spewing out vitriol against diesels the hybrids time has come. Though without this tremendous pressure being put on diesel car owners I dont think they would sell in high numbers. I heard of a report from the manufacturers pleading with the government to make hybrid vehicles more attractive, presumably so they can make profits quicker. Can anyone please tell me how fitting a squidgy battery and electric motor to a thirsty, polluting petrol engine is going to save the planet?
The carbon footprint involved with producing such a vehicle is enormous before it turns a wheel
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 9:49pm
Try telling that to the treehuggers.....
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013
Chrispy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrispy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 7:01am
I don't know how true it is but I heard that the batteries only last a few years before they have to be replaced.
Remember: The sunroof cannot tilt when it is in the
slide position but can be slid whilst in a
tilt position. Manual 4:29

Venga 3 Sat Nav Infra Red
archer75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archer75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 1:05pm
I've got a diesel Cee'd at the moment and ideally I'd like it to be my last diesel. Nothing especially wrong with the Kia but just don't like the noise/vibration and having to put on disposable gloves while filling up so my hands don't stink for hours.

Only problem is with the mileage I do, switching to petrol is going to cost me around £50-60 a month in extra fuel (unless I go for something tiny) which could be spent on the cost of the car and hybrids (as yet) are still more expensive than diesels. Plus there isn't a lot of choice.

The Niro is ok, the Auris is sort of ok, the Prius is nice (I like spaceage looks!) and the Ioniq is probably my current favourite. My Dad just got an Ioniq on a lease - with the deals they have at the moment, it was significantly cheaper than a PCP or HP. So far, he's very pleased with it.

As for the sales people at dealerships, it annoys me that they appear to have very little knowledge about the cars they're trying to sell - they know the basic stuff but as them anything out of the ordinary and they've not got a clue.

2015 Cee'd '4' 1.6CRDi 134
grandad zack View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grandad zack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:28pm
What people dont realise is that the electricity used to power the batterys that drive the hybrids and all electric vehicles  Is being produced in power stations, presumably by some power stations that burn wood pulp, which is being produced by chopping down trees in canada and then being shipped to our shores on huge gigantic ships that  burn deisel in their engines. The mind doth boggle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic