FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Need advice. Idiot keeps sitting on my car.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
ArthurCollins2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurCollins2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 2:08pm
Judging by your drawing, you overhang slightly onto the footpath? Ie. Gates wont work?
If it was me, I'd get a retractable barrier, simply to put a psychological barrier in his way. It wont stop him if he wants to carry on doing it but by delineating your property it might be enough to make him stop and think. The nylon retractable type shouldnt damage your paintwork if done carefully and hopefully only a temp measure.
Sponsored Links

aircraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aircraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:19pm
I have a gut feeling this idiot will try and damage your car in some way.
Uvox2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uvox2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:26pm
As mentioned above, you don't really want this to escalate.

He seems engrossed on his phone and therefore I don't think he's doing purposely to wind you up.

Leave it for now and see if it happens a third time, and if it does, go out and say its not on and next time the police will be called as its your property.

Paul
jagnew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagnew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 11:26am
Hey Everyone

I do plan to take a calm approach to this. Although its completely rude to it to walk about about five houses away from yours and sit on a car that you don't own which is new and parked on driveway.

I plan to just use the siren to make sure he can't use his phone easily, the minute he crosses on to my drive or touches the car I'll activate it.

Thanks for all the replies on this. In a weird way having other people get annoyed about it has made me relax a little. I'll keep you posted, maybe even with a few videos of me chasing him of with the siren Smile

Thanks again
Jason

ArthurCollins2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurCollins2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:56pm
Good luck with, its a ridiculous situation to be in, anyone normal would consider it unacceptable behaviour so why does he think it okay!
OldYorkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldYorkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:35pm
Yes, I second that. Good luck. It must be infuriating and his actions are totally out of order. People can be so inconsiderate.
Malcolm
Globetrotter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Globetrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 7:12pm
Not that it's any justification but maybe he comes up to your place because there is some un-password protected WiFi he's taking advantage of, if there is it's sometimes possible to access it yourself and set your own password. This will stop him using it, of course the WiFi owner won't be able to use it either but then they will have to figure it out for themselves!! just a thought!
jagnew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagnew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:31pm
Hey Everyone

Small update he's been back twice. 2am last night then 4pm today, both times I didn't spot it happening so didn't get a chance to use the siren. He does appear have got the message about leaving the cars alone but still loves to walk around our driveway. 

@Globetrotter We do live across from NHS building which actually has free wifi so you may be on to something. Setting a password would get me in trouble however I work in IT and currently run a large scale wifi network in the house so it would be easy for me to match the wifi channel killing the free network from reaching anywhere near my house Smile

Thanks
Jason

monkeygibber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeygibber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:54pm
Have you had a chat with your neighbours to the left to see if he's doing similar on their drive?

You may have a common problem.
Ceed 3 2015 1.6 petrol 133bhp planet blue
Globetrotter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Globetrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:22pm
Nothing lost in doing that then Jason, that will push the useable limit of the NHS WiFi further from your gaff, and as your car is so close to your house I'd be surprised if his phone would even see the free NHS, camping onto your protected WiFi instead. Good luck.
Phil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic