FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

My Cee'd issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NormH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NormH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Cee'd issues
    Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 2:39pm
Hello All. I wonder if anyone else has had issues with the rubber part of the key breaking up and gradually getting to the point where it is no longer possible to open the car with a push of the unlock symbol. My car is a Cee'd 1.6 crdi3 estate 2012 the older style one. My local dealer not that helpful (as per usual), nothing wrong with the key just needs the rubber part replacing. Using the spare at the moment.
Have to say we bought the car 18 months or so ago and have had no end of problems brace yourselves here it all is
1. Tailgate gas struts replaced, even the new ones are not really powerful enough.
2. Exhaust gas return valve replaced, car was running rough, took the dealer 8 days to sort it out.
3. Drivers door plastic wrap on door frame rippling up. Kia replaced.
4. Drivers door widow seal lets in water and so lock sometimes freezes up and does not open the door.
5. Drivers seat head rest and seat back has something loose and rattly inside.
6.Tailgate door handle trim has come away. Dealer says they don't think Kia will replace.
7. Cold morning starts really poor. Sometimes takes 5 attempts to start engine.
8. Not to mention the key fob rubber braeking up.
Please tell me this is not typical. 
This is my first and probably the last Kia we will have.
Disappointing to say the least.
Sorry folks.Shocked
Sponsored Links

mobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 7:41pm
In my previous Ceed (Mk I) I had problems # 1, 3 & 4
2014 Kia Ceed 3 DCT Auto 1.6 petrol
Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 12:52pm
This is not typical from my personal experience. You must have got one that came off a Friday afternoon production run! LOL
 Joking aside. Prior to my current Cee'd hatchback, I owned a 2011 (60 plate) Cee'd 1.6 CRDI 3 SW and in the 5 years that I owned it, it never missed a beat.
 With regard to problem number 7 on your list, have you had the glow plugs tested? Hard starting when cold is often an indicator that one of the glow plugs is not doing it's job. 
 If they all check out OK the EGR valve may need looking at again. Smile

Edited by Gary0679 - 12 Jan 2018 at 12:53pm
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:40pm
ive had fords vws my dads had almost everything going and he has a mk1 kia ceed vr7 a kia rio as well and barely anthing between the two of them...it was on his experience i bought my kia ceed vr7 and its been faultless.

if you think that list is bad try owning a ford or vw youre list will be considerably bigger and more expensive.

the window seal is an issue on a lot of cars as its not a seal its a drain and wd40 will sort that out the cold starting is a glow plug issue by the sounds of it
baldrick69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldrick69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:05pm
I'm on about 9 warranty replacements.  

Have had any of yours though.  Confused
2012 Ceed SW3
2012 Sportage AWD
chris140472 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris140472 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 1:53pm
I notice yours is a 2012 car and you have had it 18 months. What happened to it in its previous life? The faults you list are not normal for a Kia. Good job you have a Kia as most appears to have been sorted under the 7-year warranty . If you had brought a German car it would have been big bills all-round. 

2014 spec. (14 plate) Cee'd 2 1.6 GDI 6 speed manual transmission.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic