FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Map Sensor update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author
Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Rogpic3 Rogpic3 wrote:

Hi Ian, I have not heard the ecu mentioned before. I would have thought your dealer would have informed you of any problem with the ecu when they fitted the sensor.
Proceed gt facelift
Sponsored Links

Us Forte turbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Us Forte turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:08am
At the end of the day guys the sensor is just that.. it voltage is read based off of vaccum or boost on a dilprgraph.. You already have this sensor on your intercooler..Kia techs stared using it as a main map sensor replacement as it was cheaper..and performed better than the factory installed one..I had it in my 2015 Forte5 SX six speed for over a year and over 10 000 miles no issues at all. I know a story of one is no reason to follow me but its wired to clear up all the middle and low end throttle issues...I got a real one from the Kia counter for 50 us and a I got one on EBay for 35 us.. Both look and work go e I have the eBay ordered part in the car now..
Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:55am
Thanks for that Matthew. As usual really good information.
Proceed gt facelift
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
  Share Topic