FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Map Sensor update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
Author
Bigbruiseral View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbruiseral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 2:14pm

My best in my 1.6GT is 42 mpg in a 12 mile trip  with new map sensor
Sponsored Links

Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 2:17pm
What was your average speed to get that Alex
Proceed gt facelift
Us Forte turbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Us Forte turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Kickballchange Kickballchange wrote:

I took delivery of a new Cee'd GT Line S 1.0 TGDi on March 31st and have now done 900 miles. There was 16 delivery miles on it when I took possession. My concern is what appears to be a flat spot when driving off in the lower gears and it's very difficult to achieve a smooth get away. I had put it down to engine tightness and have religiously observed running in recommendations, but now being well past 600 miles it still hesitates and requires total concentration and delicate clutch control to stop wife complaining about whiplash! I'm also disappointed with a current average mpg of 37 when nearly all of the 900 miles have been long journeys. The car is due to go back to the dealer for mud flaps and door protector fitting next week, should I question the MAP fit and whether an update is due? Any thoughts?

If you have a moment I would love to see what your motor (1.0 tgdi) looks like with the cover on and off.. we don't get this motor in the states and I would love to take a look at it.. as for your mileage.. I suspect a lot of it has to do with a new tight motor.. could you give the kia rates specs for hp and tork. I have a feeing the us Rio might be getting this with the update..   
smurf123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smurf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 9:06pm
hi bigbruiseral the 42 mpg that you have quoted is that with the standard air filter or a aftermarket one
Bigbruiseral View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbruiseral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Rogpic3 Rogpic3 wrote:

What was your average speed to get that Alex

just my drive to work once out my street out of the town it prob 9mile B road no idea of the average speed but i would not have gone over 50mph i would guess 

this was about 3 weeks ago in fact i took a pic of the dash i can upload if you like 11 miles at 41.3MPG and just the map sensor and a jetex filter are my only changes to the car
Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:09am
Sounds good, the sensor has made a difference. On the meet and another journey 2 days later I did around 260 miles, a lot of this was 80mph and averaging 38mpg. In the 9 days since short journeys only and mpg is still around 35.
Proceed gt facelift
Kickballchange View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickballchange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 5:29pm
IMG_0227.JPG

Sorry, don't think I fancy taking the cover off!!
smurf123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smurf123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:37pm
done a test this evening at 60mph with std sensor in over 12 miles motorway was 37mpg changed to new sensor exact same speed & distance 46mpg happy with that
Rogpic3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogpic3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:05am
Think I saw Elvis down the chip shop Mmmmm
Proceed gt facelift
rallyfan1986 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallyfan1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:32am
Not sure 12 miles is really enough to judge the mpg increase.

I've been logging my mpg using Fuelio, since fitting the sensor I've had an average 1mpg increase, over 3 tanks / about 1000 miles, doing roughly the same journey to and from work

This calculated on fuel quantity and miles covered, rather than the estimate on the dashboard, which as it happens, seems to be even more inaccurate than before the sensor was fitted
Pro Cee'd GT (2016)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
  Share Topic