FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Map Sensor update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
Author
stuart65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 7:33pm
OK thanks will have a look
Sponsored Links

Us Forte turbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Us Forte turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 3:35pm
so how is the progress of this upgrade for you guys.. you have any issues.. love to know how your cars are doing or if you have any question..
Ross679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:03pm
Mine just arrived, will fit it tomorrow and see how I get on.
Gazzared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazzared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 6:17pm
Well i got my map sensor and fitted it after work.did as has been said on here.disconnected the minus on battery.fitted sensor.did the ignition only and waited for the lights to go out.started car and went for a spin.car feels a lot more fluid through acceleration and certainly pulls much better.even the fuel consumption seems to be better.now here's the thing,i have the racechip box and was worried it may not take to the update.tell ymu what guys when i ahem ,boot it the torque and turbo gauges look as though they're going to smash through the top of the gauge display. Thought it was fast before but gotta say that it really is a beast now.the power comes on at 2000 rpm and does'nt stop.will continue to the red line if i let it. So the sensor update is a thumbs up from me. So to our American cousin i say,you sir are a gentleman! Cheers Noodle!
Us Forte turbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Us Forte turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 7:04pm
I'm very glad your car is operating as is was meant to be.. just wish Kia would step up and do a proper recall and get his done on there dime..

I seems the next big change has to do with the factory turbo.. was gate control.. ill do a write up on it soon..

TLDR.. the factory waste gate arm can be adjusted to allow the turbo to spool faster and hold the boost better.. all you need are 2 spanners to adjust the locking nuts to the full out position. seems kia didn't properly adjust the waste gate arm to its full pivot point..
johnsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 8:12pm
I'm very happy with mine. Definitely made the car less hesitant on part throttle.
Mine is pretty much focus st fast now. Very happy for a 1.6
Bigbruiseral View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbruiseral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 12:35am
Seems to lots about on ebay any one got a link where they got thiers from would rather is be genuine kia :)
johnsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 7:23am
I've got a spare if you're interested
stuart65 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 8:42am
I'm having the same problem on eBay not sure witch on to get a link would be fantastic.
Ross679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 10:21am
I went for this one, good price and free delivery, arrived quickly too.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/162163918568?_mwBanner=1

Fitted it yesterday and took it for a little spin around the houses, first impressions are good! Felt smoother and power felt more instant. I will have a bit more of a play today when I can get a bit more speed up out of town.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
  Share Topic