FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

make sure servicing is on time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
aircraft View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aircraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: make sure servicing is on time
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:31pm
Hi folks

Make sure you get your services done on (or just before) time.

There was a case where a customer had missed his 1st or 2nd service by 200 miles, and later on when he claimed on the warranty it was rejected as one of the services was late by 200 miles.

Smile
Sponsored Links

Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by aircraft aircraft wrote:

There was a case where a customer had missed his 1st or 2nd service by 200 miles, and later on when he claimed on the warranty it was rejected as one of the services was late by 200 miles.

Could you name the dealer involved because that story doesn't ring true with me at all?

Usually, proximity with due service intervals is generally accepted as up to a month or up to 1,000 miles late.  
Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
Gary0679 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary0679 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 5:13pm
That is definitely not true for vehicles with a 12 month, 20000 mile service regime! The grace period is 1 month or 1000 miles. 
 I have this in writing from my Kia dealership within the paperwork from when I bought the vehicle, I specifically asked for clarification on this matter at the time of purchase.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Gary0679 Gary0679 wrote:

That is definitely not true for vehicles with a 12 month, 20000 mile service regime! The grace period is 1 month or 1000 miles. 

Thanks 'Gary0679' - that reflects my understanding and I think the OP is unnecessarily scaremongering by passing off urban myth as fact.

Indalo

Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:19pm

Hi folks

Make sure you get your services done on (or just before) time.

Smile

With the greatest of respect this simply is not true.

Which customer? Which dealership?
aircraft View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aircraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:07pm
http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/16-crdi-blown-engine_topic17799.html
not the one i meant, Will post it when i find it.
But you get the idea, make sure your service is done on time, that's all I'm saying. Will save a lot of hassle later.

"By this time I'm getting rather annoyed at not being able to speak to someone in warranty or higher up the Kia chain. I then ask him to prove that the old ecu mapping hadn't contributed to any damage to the engine or turbo. He now sound really flustered and replies with "we dont need to prove anything Sir, the car went 2500 miles over the safe service guidelines and this is the reason the turbo failed. "

aircraft View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aircraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:13pm
message 57

a lot of hassle

"I had a terrible experience with the Kia warranty after owning the car for 4 years. My first service was out of the service window by 200 miles (because they couldn't book me in until the next week). In year 3 I had a warranty repair due to an engine harness rubbing through and cutting out the engine - no problems there. In year 4 the turbo blew, I had the car taken to the Kia dealership who asked for my service records - their computer systems didn't seem to record any of the services they do! I found all of the receipts and the log book then got a phone call to say I wouldn't be covered under warranty because the first service was out of the specified window... They said it was likely that the air filter would have been blocked putting strain on the turbo and it was my issue, a bill of £1300!!!

The long and short of it was I ended up speaking to their director or service and aftercare. with evidence that the turbo and air filter are signed off to 50,000 miles from an engineering testing perspective (from the direct supplier) and an air intake engineer for another OEM offering to back up my claim they only gave in when I started to post about my experience on public forums and a car blogging site got wind of it!

Needless to say I no longer own the Kia. As soon as they fixed it under warranty it was up for sale"
Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:04am
Not the same as what you first said.

That post says "outside the service window by 200 miles"

To me, I interpret that as the service being done 1200 miles late. The 'service window' to my knowledge is 1000 miles/30 days.

Its hardly rocket science to service your car on time is it?
(reading further into that post, Kia paid up in the end after a bit of fuss,I'm not surprised they weren't keen in the first place though)
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:09am

Needless to say I no longer own the Kia. As soon as they fixed it under warranty it was up for sale"

I'm afraid your story still fails to match the ownership experience of most UK Kia owners, based on the reports recorded by the vast majority in this forum.  Either you have been incredibly unlucky and came upon a really nasty dealership or you are not telling the whole story.  Even if you had a poor experience with a particular dealer that you seem unwilling to name, Kia UK and their parent company, Hyundai, have responded very favourably to customers who have genuinely complied with their servicing schedule to the point of even extending repairs, in some instances, to vehicles outside the warranty period.

Most Kia owners are acutely aware of the need to ensure their vehicles are serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's schedule to preserve the warranty cover, particularly those who read these pages. As I'm guessing that you no longer own a Kia model, your posts have the whiff of disgruntled internet troll behind them.  

Indalo

Acenta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:52am
Did a Google regarding servicing "grace" periods" and bizarrely the first one to pop up was one regarding an e-mail to a customer from Kia Customer Services.

Think thats pretty clear, make sure your service is done on time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic