FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Major service cost

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ClareDP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClareDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 9:31am
Hello Pazza,I posted a message on Facebook asking people to recommend a goog mechanic.I was given contact of someone who works for himself and is VAT registered,this means he can carry out servicing without invalidating the warranty.He quoted £323:64 for major service including cam belt change.I was really happy with this and have since returned to his garage to have brake pads and discs replaced for £136:00.8 months after the major service I've received a letter from the Kia garage I used to use telling me they were disappointed I didn't have my car serviced by them!The tone of the letter was far from professional & sounded as if a surly teenager had written it.I won't be going back,even though they included a voucher for £50 off my next service.Too little too late.
Sponsored Links

Pazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 8:49pm
Thanks, Clare. That letter sounds amusing - by contrast my Kia garage (ie the one I'd used for years) didn't even question my decision to cancel with them. Onwards and upwards for us!
peppebi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peppebi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:42am
Hi everyone,
I'm the owner of a kia Rio 2012 1.4 diesel which I bought in Italy and converted for UK standards a year ago when I moved to UK.
Last year I have been asked more then 340£ for a service and they just check everything and changed​filters and oil. I had a problem with the wheels and the car goes towards left but I still have the problem so my thought is that they​ did not check that part thus is listed in the receipt they gave me.
I'm very disappointed because I have to do services every year and at a much higher cost than my country (every two years or 30000km and with a cost around 200£ maximum).
Now i have to book the new service but i don't want to pay 300 or more £ for having an inspection and oil and filters replacement.

Edited by peppebi - 21 Apr 2017 at 9:43am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic