FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Magentis Electrics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magentis Electrics
    Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 7:52pm
Hi everyone
I have just bought a kia magentis. It got a new battery as part of the MOT when I received it. It is a 2007 diesel.
I seem to have a few problems with the electrics.
1. the 2 fobs wont wont lock/unlock the car although i have put new batteries in.
2. the trip computer resets to zero every time the engine is off.
3. the reverse sensor bleeps twice then goes to a permanent bleep.
the courtesy lights and the digital clock dont work but the fuses are ok.
I have read elsewhere it may be an ECU problem. Any advice?
Sponsored Links

rizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 8:35pm
Hi Michael, and welcome to the forums. We don't have a lot of Magentis owners on the forums, but hopefully one of our technical members will have a few pointers.
If everything worked OK before you picked it up, I would be inclined to let the dealer have it back, and get it fixed, or demand your money back.
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 9:43pm
the fobs might need coding in to the vehicle, kia tend to stick to certain types of fob circuitry for a particular year, look on the www about how to code them, if you cannot find anything try sorento procedure, or sedona, the trip might be a missing permanent live, or it might have a battery coin cell gone flat to keep memory, the reverse alarm might be lots of things , a new after market one is not expensive, the interior lights need the circuit traced, start at the light to see if there is a live there, the door switches usually earth the dead side of the bulb, as for ecu highly unlikely,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic