FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

loan car whilst mine broke down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grp163 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grp163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: loan car whilst mine broke down
    Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 5:44pm
Have a question to see if any one else has had this issue. My Optima GT line estate broke down last week with burnt out clucth 10 months old 19400 miles on it. recovered to local dealer in coventry by the RAC kia assist who arranged a car for 2 days, was told could keep car till mine fixed, however the loan car was taken back after 2 days and never recieved another car had to hire one myself. garage took 3 days to look at it then on the 4th said there was nothing wrong with it and it was ok to drive. was taken to them as near to work. had car recovered to my dealer who has removed clutch and is replcing it as was burnt out and will do more investigation once fitted. Feel very displeased with service from coventry dealer and customer care as spent alot of money on 2 new KIa's last year and being left with no car, dont thing this is satisfactry at all. My dealer has gone out of their way to help sort my car and lend me a car till mine is fixed.
Sponsored Links

tigger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 9:56am
I bought my Kia at Coventry, but I choose to take my car elsewhere for service and repair.  The dealer I now go to is excellent.
Indalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Grp163 Grp163 wrote:

My Optima GT line estate broke down last week with burnt out clucth 10 months old 19400 miles on it.

I'd be interested to know how a clutch in the DCT box can 'burn out' inside a year and at under 20,000 miles.  Could you please acquaint us with any explanation that might be provided by the repairer?
Indalo

Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S
Grp163 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grp163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:37pm
will let youknow what my dealer says. aparantly when they took the box of the whole iside of the housing was covered in dust and you could smell it was burnt. However the dealer in coventry done a 40 mile test and was happy after speaking with technical it was safe. Oh aparrantly you are not to use the throtle when in stop start conditions i was told. In the hand book section 6 34 onwards i think not read that yet. The car has smart cruse and autohold so not sure how they intend it to be driven.
royboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:53pm
We had the dsg clutch go on our 2010 Audi A3 which we had owned from new with 54000 miles £2500 ouch !
Grp163 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grp163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:00pm
just spoken with garage should have car back tomorrow looks like it is something to do with the actuator rods not being set to right length so not fully disengaging will find out more tomorrow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic