FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

L.E.D. HEADLAMP BULBS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Oldnightrun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldnightrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L.E.D. HEADLAMP BULBS
    Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:43am
Has anyone had any experience of LED Headlamp bulbs. I am looking at replacing with 80w bulbs dip and high beam. Four bulbs being £36 I do not want waste that kind of cash on something that really is not all its cracked up to be. So any sort of info. good or bad would be helpful.
Sponsored Links

kev t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 4:53pm
What model do you have and what type of buld do you require?kev t
johnsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 6:00pm
My best advise would be to stick to a known manufacturer, Philips, ring, etc

Are you wanting to change for looks or do you think your standard bulbs don't offer enough light?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldnightrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 7:06pm
Certainly not interested in fashion. Looking for better brighter lighting. I did some years ago buy an old Shogun which had some silly blue lights and found that they may have looked pretty but the beam cast was absolute junk. I have been given to understand that LED bulbs do cast a much batter brighter beam, which is what I want.
kev t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 7:22pm
I replaced my dip and main beam bulbs with ring xenon ultra +120%.made a huge difference with no extra power draw or heat.best prices are on ebay.kev t.
johnsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by kev t kev t wrote:

I replaced my dip and main beam bulbs with ring xenon ultra +120%.made a huge difference with no extra power draw or heat.best prices are on ebay.kev t.

I'd 2nd that. Or some night breakers.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldnightrun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:15pm
Thanks for the info. I shall consider going that way.
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:27am
Philips have got some sooperdooper new bulbs out, and legal too. Worth a look I'd say.
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic