FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Lane keep facility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mickyg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lane keep facility
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:14pm
We have been on the M69 to visit my son at Hinkley today and I have tested the lane keep mode on my MY17 SPORTY 3 I can tell you the results of my 1st use of this mode , I settled into the middle lane the motorway was clear for my 1st ever try , speeding up to 60mph press the mode switch got the green mode warning sign on display screen moved slowly to next lane without indicating and noted audible and visual warning on screen, but it was the way the sporty"s steering acted to keep us bang in the Center of the middle lane you could not help but admire the technology that Kia have used to aid this mode at first i thought we were going to be on 2 wheel but the car quickly settled into a very stable attitude a good example, if you were feeling tired and began to wander across lanes I am quite sure it would be enough to bring you back to your senses I am not giving any one the green light to be tired when driving its wrong to continue and you must stop and have a rest.
I think it works very well some might say its a gimmick, it works.
Sponsored Links

Globetrotter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Globetrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:39pm
I agree mickyg, its very clever. It took me a while to get used to the steering wheel giving a little twitch now n again. Plus I now accept the warning bleeps if I near the white line to avoid a pothole etc. I also tried holding the steering wheel very lightly as I approached a curve to see if the car would steer around the corner, it did but it sensed I wasn't steering and gave loud beeps and a message appeared telling me to hold the steering wheel, smart. Of course I did this on an empty road and was ready to steer the corner if the car looked like it wasnt going to.
Signman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:01am
I use it rarely - mostly when I feel a little tired as a back up after work once I get on the motorway.

In the past 30 years of driving to London each day I admit I've had 2 or 3 days a year when I've caught myself dozing off and the adrenalin rush is not pleasant......so to employ this safety device is a good thing to have.

No doubt I'll have some who will trot out what the motorway matrix signs preach "Don't drive tired", but when I leave work I'm never tired through 30 minutes of London urban traffic, but it can creep up on you once you hit the 3 lane ribbon of tarmac of the A2/M2 for the next 30 minutes or so.
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 31k miles covered ave 46mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.
mickyg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:05am
I agree Globetrotter that was my next test you have to be putting just a very light "hands on" but it still want to keep in the middle of the lane, well done Kia.
Cymro1924 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cymro1924 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:41am
With Lane assist on and hand only lightly resting on the wheel it will steer around motorway bends at 70 quite happily. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic