FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Kia Stinger GT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
GT1994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kia Stinger GT
    Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 11:51pm

Well, Kia have revealed the Stinger GT this evening... a fee photos have leaked already earlier today but they've formally posted some up. I'm on my phone so can't attach any, but personally I think it looks absolutely fantastic, the specification looks promising and if the price is right I would have one in a heartbeat!

Definitely Alfa influence to that rear end.
Other people's thoughts?

Edited by Admin - 28 Mar 2017 at 8:50pm
Oliver
Red pro_cee'd GT Tech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcxOpxYdc2I
Sponsored Links

twisterboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:29am
In love with it already!

Not so much in love with the price tag but boy it's stunning!

Davy
johnsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:36am
It's a massive leap for kia, good luck to them.
I look forward to seeing some video reviews.
smellmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smellmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 12:32pm
Side profile looks like the 2011-2015 Optima.
Previous: 58 Kia Pro Cee'd 3 04 Saab 93 2.2 TiD Arc, 02 Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive, 51 BMW 320td, 52 Vectra 3.2 V6 GSi, 99 Honda Civic 1.8 VTi, 95 Nissan Primera 2.0 LX, 89/86 Nissan Bluebird 1.6 LX
msimega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:06pm
Love the look of the car, but if they release it at the stated price - it would be out of my price bracket Cry
depends on what they launch it with in the UK - Probably not with the 3.3L V6 but they will launch with a 2L turbocharged Petrol and a diesel. 

Picture and details below....

As promised, Kia has turned its impressive 2011 GT rear-wheel drive sports sedan concept into an equally impressive production model named the Stinger that was presented today ahead of a world premiere tomorrow in Detroit.

It’s not the Korean firm’s first attempt at a luxury rear wheel drive sedan, as the K900 preceded it, but unlike the latter, the Stinger is a much more youthful and striking proposition. 

It has a sleek design with somewhat derivative details – especially the rear, which strongly reminds us of the Audi A7 Sportback, but we guess that’s to be expected when the person leading Kia’s design division is ex-Audi designer, Peter Schreyer. 

While placed against both the BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Gran Coupe, as well as the Audi A4 and A5, Infiniti Q50 and Lexus IS, Kia says that, at 114.4 inches (2,905mm), it not only has a longer wheelbase than those models, but the Lexus GS and Mercedes CLS as well.  Furthermore, it’s longer overall at 190.2 inches (4,831mm) and wider 73.6 inches (1,869mm), which according to Kia, allows “for spacious accommodations” and a larger cargo area than “many in its class, with enough space for full-size luggage or golf bags”.

Powering the Stinger is a choice of two gasoline engines for North America, with Europe also getting a diesel option, details of which should be released at this year’s Geneva Motor Show. 

In North America, the base unit is a 2.0-liter turbocharged four producing 255hp and 260 lb.-ft. (352Nm), and a 3.3-liter turbo V6 rated at 365hp and 376 lb-ft (494Nm). Kia says the twin-turbo V6 model should reach 100km/h (62mph) in 5.1 seconds and top out at 167 mph (269km/h). Both models come exclusively with an eight-speed automatic transmission and optional all-wheel drive. 

The Koreans claim that much of the chassis development took place in Europe, with a lot of time spent on the Nürburgring from a team led by Hyundai-Kia’s Executive vice president for vehicle testing and high performance development, Albert Biermann, who previously headed BMW’s M division. "I think for the Kia brand, the Stinger is like a special event," noted Biermann. "Because nobody expects such a car, not just the way it looks but also the way it drives. It's a whole different animal."

The Stinger will the first Kia to offer adjustable ride-damping and vehicle handling traits through an electronically adjustable suspension called the Dynamic Stability Damping Control. The electric power steering will also be adjustable via five selectable drive modes.

We’re told that the Stinger will come well equipped boasting an assortment of standard safety and comfort features, as well as driving aids, including Forward Collision Assistance (FCA) with integrated Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) with pedestrian detection, Lane Keep Assist, and an infotainment system with a 7.0 inch haptic touchscreen. 

The Stinger will go on sale in the States this summer at as of yet, undisclosed prices. 

Regards

Phil
2016 Sportage GT-Line 1.6 T-GDI DCT AWD Dark Gun Metal Metallic   
OLD Car - 2013 Kia Pro-Cee'd GT TECH Black
twisterboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:56pm
Well my choice would be a blue stinger, but would have be when the prices come down a bit, unless I win the lottery :)

Davy
grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 11:38pm
Dont hold your breath Davy! The car is very nice, but at that price? There are lots of cars I would buy in that bracket. I'm afraid Kia would come pretty far down that list. I think it was f0ster who first said that Kia were trying to play with the big boys. They just dont have the PREMIUM reputation that warrants the asking price. Residuals will be horrendous compared to BMW, AUDI, MERCEDES ETC. Just my opinion!
msimega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 12:38am
Some More Pictures for You...........

Cheers

Phil
2016 Sportage GT-Line 1.6 T-GDI DCT AWD Dark Gun Metal Metallic   
OLD Car - 2013 Kia Pro-Cee'd GT TECH Black
spartan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 12:08pm
As Kia owners were likely best qualified to assess what Stinger means. It means Kia is going upmarket but at a price, and competing with the big boys. For sure its a beauty but price not far off the big boys. I'm not sure if it is the best Kia ever as that consideration has to be value for money etc (plus resale). That got me thinking what is currently the prettiest and best 'bang for the buck' currently?. Interested to see what others think ref this.
spartan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 12:09pm
Pro Ceed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic