FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Kia Sorento KX3 Sunroof Exploding / Shattering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
phil866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:59am
I realise that this article is american, but it is recent (12/10/17) and it does have a chart of the most complained about manufacturer. 

Also this report specifically discusses the Kia Sorento 2010 - 2014.
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/exploding-sunroofs-danger-overhead/#complaints

Phil

Edited by phil866 - 21 Oct 2017 at 11:04am
2010 Skoda Fabia HTP Elegance (previous '05 Rio le+) but my other car is a fully rebuilt 1976 Signal Red Triumph Spitfire 1500. Mmmmmm!!
Sponsored Links

dilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 11:38am
Interesting read Phil, I'm glad my new Rio doesn't have one. As "Panoramic sunroofs" are becoming widespread in recent years it does make you wonder whether the cars that have them fitted have similar chassis strengthening like that needed in cabriolets ? Remove the roof of any car and it must weaken it and create twisting, maybe this is a contributory factor 🤔
a dog is for life, so DON'T marry one !
markohalloran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markohalloran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 3:55pm
i might be tempted to join a kia UK facebook page and out them for their lack of responsibility.Angry
johnredmond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnredmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:45am
Hi Phil. My Sorento 2015 sunroof imploded yesterday and my brothers Sportage roof did the same a few months ago. I am waiting to hear back from Kia before I decide what course of action to take.

John

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markohalloran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:03am
Johnredmond,  hope you have more luck than I did with Kia. My 2013 Sportage roof self destructed in October and Kia gave me the corporate spiel as not there responsibility because compared with the number of vehicles sold the incidences of this happening is very small. I did say to them they might show a bit more spine and responsibility when a young child is blind for life because a Kia sunroof implodes. The gentleman from Kia had an attitude of boredom and lack of interest, even though he was customer service, that came across very well on the phone.

I had to claim on my insurance at a total of £1079, luckily it's on my glass cover and not a main claim so won't effect my NCB.

My immediate family have purchased a total of 12 Kia cars in 10 years but I don't think we will get any more.
johnredmond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnredmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:06am
I hear you, this is my 3rd Kia and my brother has 2 at the moment. Depending on the outcome this may well be my last.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markohalloran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:10am
My daughter took delivery of a Sportage KX4 a few days before my roof went and if she had known about mine before delivery she would have cancelled and gone elsewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic