FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Kia Sorento 2006 diesel keeps cutting out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sharpster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kia Sorento 2006 diesel keeps cutting out
    Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 1:27pm
Hi wondering if anyone could please help,ok I have a kia sorento 06 plate went to visit a relative yesterday which is a 60 mile trip after 10 miles car completely cut out whilst I was doing 70-pulked over waited only about a minute or so & it fired up straight away another 20 miles down the road same thing cut out completely again it fired up quite easy after a lityle wait then approx another 20 miles again cut out this time took a little longer to start then finally another few miles down the road again it cut out bit this time would mot start. AA guy said it punching out the dreaded 1186 fault code I heve already read up about other peoples problems & iam going to remove the filter out of the tank & check it, just wondeting though why my car ran sweet as a nut inbetween breakdowns, also when got the car to a safe place AA guy put his jump leads on ( I had ran the battery down a bit )it was again fired up straight away, just wondering what else I can check when I go back to pick it up,apparantly the fuel filter is not that old but ad I have only had car 1 week would it be worth fitying new fuel filter just to make sure, any advice would be much appreciated ad yhe car is 60 miles away & I would hate the thought of going through all that again.....cheers
Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 1:38pm
If you check the tank strainer and it is clogged,take pictures of it so they can be seen by Kia dealer.If the tank is replaced FOC the filter should also be changed.If dealer changes tank leave as little possible fuel in as it will only be dumped.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
manfred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 5:32pm
I have a sorento 2006 and had similar trouble with it cutting out. check the pressure relief valve on the common rail. fuel was bleeding back to fuel tank from it which meant low pressure fuel to the injectors on the common rail. fault found when was on permanently and the local garage checked the bleed off from injectors and pressure relief valve.
bembo449 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bembo449 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 2:20pm
Was this issue diagnosed or not ??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic