FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Kia Sedona TS - brakes binding again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
sedonals.owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedonals.owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 8:32pm
hi, i seems to be one of the many with binding brakes on my sedona (2007) model, i have had the callipers redonditioned and new pads, about 1 month ago, but they brakes seem to be getting hot again, not noticed the juddering again yet.
my local garage who did the work asked kia bout the mod mentioned on here, but they denied all knowlwedge.
could anyone send me the service bulliten so i can get my garage to do the adjustment.

thanks

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedonals.owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 8:35pm
sorry - email - gary@clynalwin.co.uk
thanks

alcutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 11:13pm
Email sent to Gary with required info
wedge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 9:08pm
I thought perhaps an update may be appreciated.

Rather than fork out £600 plus for new calipers I decided to get a second opinion. It now seems the problem was cause by uneven wear of brake pads, probably caused by the problem that seems to have affected a few people, and this in turn caused the caliper to overexpand and jam. However the garage who helped me  freed the caliper and fitted new brake pads FOR AROUND £65. Quite a saving.

Unfortunately I had a breakdown 2 weeks ago and the car was towed to my local dealer. |I phoned early next morning to explain the problem since it would have eliminated about 2/3rds of possible causes but they ignored my call promising a call from the technician (but they did not tell him). I received a call about some time later to say they had fixed the problem at a cost of £87 by repgroamming the keys. My argument that this sounded very unlikley also fell on deaf ears so I had little option but to pay and take the car. The so called 'problem fixed' lasted no more than 4 miles so the car was taken back. This time a senior technician was put on the job but he had nothing to go so spent over an hour in the dark until I returned home and returned his call. I explained the problem in detail and he isolated it to one of the switches in the clutch (surprisingly my first guess). The service desk then presented me with a further bill of £175. After arguing my case with the manager they did withdraw this latest bill but my confidence is now zapped. At least my wallet is not short of around £770.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sedonals.owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 1:59pm
thanks for the bulliten - my local garage did the mod, and this has freed up the brakes, hopefully this will be a lasting cure for it, it had new pads and recon callipers when they seized a few months back, by the sounds of it this should have covered everything.
alcutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 2:08pm
Hi, Thats OK - hope its solved your problem Good Luck
bruno1926 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruno1926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:02pm
Alan or anyone else

If you want a padf of the TSM for the brake problem just  send me a pm with your email address and I'll send one on to you. I found it on the 2006-09 Sedona manual I've just got.
DENTY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DENTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:34pm
hi can any send me the service bulltine for the brakes on kia sedona 56 plate as im having the same problem sticking on and getting hot chrisedwards220@hotmail.com thanks
bruno1926 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruno1926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:44pm
Seding an email to you with it on.
chris moore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris moore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 7:51pm
Hi Bruno.
i am looking at buying a sedona 2007 and the salesman says they wil fix the brakes ( which are very hot and smell of burning rubber - he says it is because it has been on the forecourt for a while but i am a bit concerned) but would be very useful to quote the mod details at them. Could you send it on to me? many thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic