FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Kia Sedona TS - brakes binding again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
faycal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faycal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 10:45pm
Hi,
I have the same car with the same probleme, Car dragging brake hot. and break pedal hard after drining the car for 15 minutes.
What is the mod please?
I had the car checked b Kia dealer and told me that nothing wrong.

Could I do the mod myself?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links

alcutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alcutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:58am
All I can say really is read this post from the beginning - it's getting a bit leggy now but bear with it - if you manage to reach page 7 you will see my version of instructions on how to do it yourself, together with a copy of the Kia bulletin.
I say read it all because other members have also done the mod and added useful bits of advice / ideas.
I don't know what your mechanical skills are, but it is relatively easy to do it yourself, but remember this is the braking system of your car and any work needs to be done correctly. If you are not fully confident - take it to a professional mechanic to do the work for you.
2006 Kia Sedona 2.9 crdi TS
faycal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faycal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 1:45pm
Hi,Thank you for the reply.

The car is with kia and they told me that the servo need some adjustment.
Kia need to order the toll has the dont have that tool to do the adjustment.

When asked about the cost my surprise as they told me around 120 pounds.
I reply to them that it is a known issue.
But because it is not in the recall kia need the confirmation with kia uk.

My next move would be to contact Vosa.

alcutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 7:21pm
Nice to see a dealership that admits to being aware of this problem - the adjustment which is only a very small amount, can easily be done without the special tool, although I can understand a Kia garage wanting to do it 'by the book'. Looks like you are having to pay for them buying the tool.
It has never been a recall, but the bulletin was sent to dealerships advising them how to deal with customers with this problem.

DomtheMon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DomtheMon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 7:51pm
My dealer quoted this (I think it's about an hours work) but I was pleasantly surprised when I got the bill. See above.
Kia Sedona LS 2007 57 reg
faycal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faycal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 8:58am
hi,
had a call yesterday from kia telling me that after adjusting the servo the brake got worse than told me that the master cylinder need to be faulty as the brake fluid doesnt go back to it.
they quoted me 140 pound to have the master cylinder replaced.
is there some valves on the master cylinder? as to me the master cylinder allow th brake fluid to go to the 4 calipers.
to check the master cylinder, i would have checked at the end of the caliper to see if brake fluid is coming out....

Now I am waiting for kia  i hope they will not come up with another fault...
DomtheMon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DomtheMon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 9:40am
My short but very expensive period with a Sedona is coming to an end. We've taken a hit of £2k and (less than 8 months on) it's being traded in for a 3 year old Ford Focus estate. We will miss the space and te sliding door that worked, but I won't miss the silly price of spares, and the unexpected bills every few weeks. When it works it is great but it's playing havoc with our finances. The Focus will have a 3 year warranty we are putting on it and has just 17k miles on it. It will also be a lot cheaper to run. Thanks again for all the help I've received on this forum.

Edited by DomtheMon - 08 Jul 2015 at 9:43am
wolfhunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 5:34pm
re:- bullitin please e mail me copy register@wolfhunt.co.uk Smile
DomtheMon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DomtheMon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 5:48pm
Bulletin was posted earlier on this thread
alcutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alcutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 9:40pm
As above - page 7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic