FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

KIA Niro 2018 Map Updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
BAH434X View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAH434X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:46pm
I’ve had my Niro a week and was told I had all the latest updates?

Sponsored Links

Abragan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abragan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:44am
That appears to be the latest package from May last year (170515) - have that in my October 2017 Niro. This is the one where an update is anticipated this month now
Niro Drive (=UK 2) - Deep Cerulean Blue
BAH434X View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAH434X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 1:59pm
Ok thanks for the Info, hope it fixes the CarPlay issue also
AlanHo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanHo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 2:07pm
BAH434X - what model Niro do you have?.

There may be different sat nav app and map files for the 1 & 2 model compared with the 3 and First Edition.
Niro 2 With ADAP
BAH434X View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAH434X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by AlanHo AlanHo wrote:

BAH434X - what model Niro do you have?.

There may be different sat nav app and map files for the 1 & 2 model compared with the 3 and First Edition.

I have the Niro PHEV 3 2018
AlanHo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanHo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 7:22am
Originally posted by BAH434X BAH434X wrote:

I have the Niro PHEV 3 2018

It therefore appears that there are different software files for the model 2 and model 3. Understandable I suppose with the bigger screen in the 3 and first edition models.

When my car was delivered in March 2017 the dealer assured me that it was loaded with the latest software. It wasn't as I discovered by comparing it with posts from other owners on this forum.

I Emailed KIA customer services and asked for the latest file numbers for my car. It took them a couple of weeks checking before they confirmed my car did indeed qualify for an update - which the dealer then carried out.

Hence it does not follow that in every case that a car is delivered with the latest software or maps - especially, if like mine, it is built before an update is issued and is delivered after a long sea journey.
Niro 2 With ADAP
Filmco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Filmco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 11:24pm
My tomtom LM has just had a map update.
FE Blue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic