FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Kia letting me down again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nightsabrepaul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightsabrepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kia letting me down again
    Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:09pm
Having destroyed one of my Axis Edition alloys on a rock in the road yesterday, I'm being told that Kia don't currently hold any of that alloy design in stock in the UK and it could be some weeks before they get anymore.

So, basically, they think it's ok to be driving around without a spare for a while.

(Luckily managed to source a reconditioned one on ebay - but a bit nervous using a wheel with an unknown history)

I just seem to be being let down by Kia continually these days (to the point where we gave up with our 3 year old Sorento a few weeks ago and traded it for VW).  

Does anyone have an email address for Kia Customer Services?

NightsabrePaul
2015 Sportage 1.7 CRDI Axis Edition - Gunmetal Grey
Sponsored Links

stu8rt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu8rt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:31pm
never been let down.. just had my gear knob replace under warranty.. most cars these days don't have spares wheels.. .. can you not take your own alloy to be refurbished?
nightsabrepaul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightsabrepaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:39pm
Cars with no spare come with a inflator and sealing mousse which renders even a repairable tyre useless afterwards. Bearing in mind I get 2-3 small punctures a year, no thanks!

Unless I can find someone who can weld the alloy back together, not a chance of repairing it.

(Kia wouldn't even replace a dip-stick under warranty when it disintegrated and bits fell down into the oil)

Edited by nightsabrepaul - 09 Aug 2017 at 5:39pm
NightsabrePaul
2015 Sportage 1.7 CRDI Axis Edition - Gunmetal Grey
stu8rt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu8rt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 5:43pm
As i say never had an issue with warranty and kia.. maybe a local thing.. was it a rock or pot hole? if the latter would put a claim in against the local council. personally i get free break down cover so have never looked in the boot to see if i have a wheel or space saver or the sealing mouse you refer to...but then again can't remember the last time ive had to replace a tyre other than for the mileage wear..  but good luck with what ever option you decide to go with..  
darich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:17pm
Tyreweld doesn't ruin a tyre after using it. Been that way for at least 9 or 10years. IT may be irrepairab le for other reasons...but not because of Tyreweld.

AS stated...not all cars have spares so not having one isn't really a Kia problem. It's no big expense to buy some tyreweld and a pump. Or even a puncture repair kit if you feel confident enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic