FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Kia Ceed 2010 wheel bearing sound

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
extrovert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote extrovert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kia Ceed 2010 wheel bearing sound
    Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 9:23pm
Hi All

My Kia ceed was giving wheel bearing grinding like sound which used to increase when turning the wheel steering to right hand side.

I checked the play in both front wheels by jacking the car up on ine side at a time but there was no play. Garage advised it is passenger side wheel bearing. So told them to replace it.

I picked up the car and it is now making a different sound. Could anyone please tell what sound is it please? I will be grateful.

Please see the video in the link below.
https://youtu.be/wOaDMGZ6RaU
Sponsored Links

artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 2:25am
Sounds like a badly warped brake disc since uts happening as the wheel rotates if the wheel bearing was gone the disk would warp as the wheel isn't centered

Edited by artscot79 - 08 Jul 2018 at 2:26am
extrovert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote extrovert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:10am
Cheers. I will get the garage to check disk brake. Thanks
gtd2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtd2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:50am
I did the "jack the car up one side at a time" and put it in gear then let the clutch out. That's a very simple way to find out which side is the problem.

Plenty of videos on YouTube, if you're concerned the car will be taking off down the street or into a wall ;)
Ceedy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:17pm
My Cee'd sounded & felt like a wheel bearing was shot, but it turned out to be uneven tyre wear. Never had similar issue with previous cars, but could be worth checking yours if the problem persists & the other corrections don't sort it out. Good luck!
extrovert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote extrovert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 8:29pm
Just an update on tgis, may not be very helpful but here it is

I left the car at the garage which replaced the passenger side wheel bearing. By tge evening collected the car up and noise was fixed. I dont know what they did to fix it but there were no charges so I assume they didnt fit it properly first time and corrected the mistake by opening and then putting it back and yeah the original grinding sound is also gone so it was definitely the wheel bearing which was faulty.

Thanks for your replies and help.

Edited by extrovert - 15 Jul 2018 at 8:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic