FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Keyless Entry Concerns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by mobi mobi wrote:

What problem keyless entry solves?

I can see plenty of problem it created though.

I love keyless.
I was shocked our Sportage didn't have it and it seems really old fashioned to have to put a key in the ignition.
TBH, I'd rather do without some of the equipment (the panoramic roof for one) and have keyless instead.

Sponsored Links

Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:43am
Seeing the multitude of simple easy theft of keyless cars (not kia admittedly as they arent popular with bank robbers etc) its not a feature I will actively want on my next car.
Its hardly a hardship to press a button on the key as I walk towards the car. I've been doing it for 20 years+.

I'd rather they channel their efforts into making cars that do more mpg etc as opposed to adding more expensive electric tat that doesn't solve any problems.
NeilShep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NeilShep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:47am
Keyless entry is available on all makes and modelsImage result for brick
His: 67 Sportage GT-Line edition 1.7CRDi/DCT
WAS: Track Red 65 Cee'd Sportswagon GT-Line 1.0T-GDI
Hers: Track Red 65 Cee'd 2 Hatch, 1.6GDI
She had her eye on my wheels and the reversing camera!!!
bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Sheets Sheets wrote:

Seeing the multitude of simple easy theft of keyless cars (not kia admittedly as they arent popular with bank robbers etc) its not a feature I will actively want on my next car.

I've got bad news for you....if they want your car, they will get it.
If anything, the owner of the keyless car is less at risk because they can (allegedly) steal them without needing the keys.
In your case, they would knock at the door and demand the keys by menace, or break into your house.

Signman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
Keyless is ok but not as a paid for option.

I'd rather have the light from a glass roof than keyless, but again, would not give £800+ as a paid option.

Sheets is right, rather than luxury kit of dubious benefit Kia should now concentrate on their engine efficiency. That would make Kia real competition against other manufacturers Kia aspire to join in the higher market niches. As such Kia should then adopt those makers' policy in offering the consumer a costed option list.
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 36k miles covered ave 46mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.
bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:00pm
No argument here about making the engines more efficient.
The MPG on our 1.7crdi is shocking and would put us off owning another one.
If I was happy with 35mpg, I'd go for something with a far more powerful engine.
As it is, low power and bad MPG is a real kick in the stones.
Signman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by bowfer bowfer wrote:

No argument here about making the engines more efficient.
The MPG on our 1.7crdi is shocking and would put us off owning another one.
If I was happy with 35mpg, I'd go for something with a far more powerful engine.
As it is, low power and bad MPG is a real kick in the stones.

I digress, but sorry you are unhappy with your 1.7crdi bowfer. For my 40 mile commute into London at 5am and back out mid afternoon it delivers 46mpg including weekend pottering and performance is strong with a nice gear change (at least compared to my 2014 Gen3 Sporty).
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 36k miles covered ave 46mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.
bowfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Signman Signman wrote:

I digress, but sorry you are unhappy with your 1.7crdi bowfer. For my 40 mile commute into London at 5am and back out mid afternoon it delivers 46mpg including weekend pottering and performance is strong with a nice gear change (at least compared to my 2014 Gen3 Sporty).
I really don't know how people get these figures from the Crdi.
I've tried driving it as gently as I'm ever prepared to drive any car and 35-36mpg is as good as it gets.
It clearly suggests Kia engines vary in build quality and you either get a good or bad one.
Kia Customer Service View Drop Down

Official Kia Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kia Customer Service Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 1:45pm

Hi dilus

Thanks for your feedback about keyless entry.

We’ll pass these points on to our technical team and let you know of any clarification we receive.

Kia Customer Service
0333 2022990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KIAUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

dilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Signman Signman wrote:

dilus - my Sportage is an April 2016 Sportage 4.

You allude to there perhaps being differences across different models, I also wonder that as regards the AEB my car is also equipped with.
I've had warnings of impending collisions a few times including driving around parked cars or when the car in front turns a tight left s..l..o..w...l...y, but others report no such warnings. I don't tailgate or drive stupidly - I drive 22000 miles each year in & out of London. My only accident since being rear ended in the 1990's was in 2014 driving an i40 with a massive A pillar that meant I rolled onto a mini roundabout and into a Skoda I hadn't seen. Not even the AEB system would have helped with that!

Hi Signman, I have not had the AEB activate at all so far, despite one occasion of a pedestrian rushing out between two parked cars! If I wasn't paying attention I would have "bagged" him and I thought that was one event it was meant to detect 🤔 Have it set on "early" too.
I'm not that confident in it if I'm honest and will still rely on paying attention and quick reflexes, something that lots of Karting has kept keen 😀
Driving in and out of London and knowing it is working is a bonus for you 😉👍

Edited by dilus - 16 Nov 2017 at 8:51pm
a dog is for life, so DON'T marry one !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic