FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Is this engine sound normal? 1.6 cvvt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mr.Anon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this engine sound normal? 1.6 cvvt
    Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:17am
Hi

I have a kia ceed mk1 restyling with 73,000km, OEM filter and Shell 5w30.

more or less it has always sounded like this since I bought it, I ASSUME that it is normal, but ... why is that noise, chain? tappets? cvvt? injectors?

Those who have a 1.4 / 1.6 mpi / cvvt (NO GDI) sound like this when idling too (ticking noise)?

Idle (cold start)

Idle (hot engine)

I think it sounds a lot like this (maybe mine sounds a little less, but the sound is the same):

This one sounds MUCH more accused and says they are the "injectors"? but that is a normal noise in this model

And finally this other, at the beginning of the video sounds a lot, and he comments that CHANGED THE ENGINE, then in the second part of the half of the video is the sound of the NEW ENGINE, and the truth I think it sounds very much like mine so I guess that although it sounds a little "diesel" is a normal sound of these engines.

THANKS!

Edited by Mr.Anon - 17 May 2018 at 11:21am
Sponsored Links

Mr.Anon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 7:20pm
someone who has this engine? any comment will be welcome

Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic