FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

intermittent flat battery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
StaceyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StaceyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intermittent flat battery
    Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 8:48pm
Hi all -- new to this forum.  I own a 2013 Sedona.  I had some trouble with the battery randomly going flat on me when I first bought the car new (in the middle of the summer) -- changed the battery twice and finally was told that the connections were loose (not sure they were telling the truth).  Had no problems since that time.  In the last week, after sitting overnight, my car was flat.  Jumped it, no problems for the rest of the day.  Next day, used automatic car starter, it ran for five minutes, came out to drive away -- flat.  jumped it again -- no problem the rest of the day.  next day, started it no problem in the morning, drove to work, stopped at a store for 10 min, flat.....the next three days were perfectly fine.  Used automatic car starter all those three days as well.  Used automatic car starter today, ran for one minute -- went flat again (so flat couldn't even use my keyless entry).   Is it just a battery issue, or is something else wrong.  I am not under warranty anymore so I want to get an idea.  Also - I am female so my experience of being taken advantage of by garages has been a very bad experience.
Sponsored Links

camac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 2:17am
Check your battery connections.
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 3:54am
The battery cells are likely faulty so it won't hold a charge you'll probably need to replace the battery any garage will do a free battery test short of that it won't be connections it will be a charging issue is alternator or something with a high draw is causing it to go flat

Edited by artscot79 - 03 Jan 2018 at 3:56am
wayne1968 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayne1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 10:28pm
take it to a auto electrician they will find the fault
2.9 crdi 2005 manual
Lancelot1937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancelot1937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 10:42pm
Don't go to "any" garage.  Do as Wayne says, find an auto-electrician.
Venga 1.6 petrol Auto Type 3. March 2017
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic