FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Interior light comes on with driving lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interior light comes on with driving lights
    Posted: 01 May 2016 at 10:59am
My interior light has suddenly started to stay on whenever I turn on any driving lights (side lights, main beam, dipped beam). With the driving lights off, it works normally - comes on when the doors open, fades out a few seconds after closing them. The OFF switch disables this automatic mode, BUT doesn't stop the light coming on and staying on when the driving lights are used. Car is '07 CRDI. Thanks
Sponsored Links

dmatthewjames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmatthewjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 6:55pm
Hi,

Did you ever manage to get the problem fixed? Ive just had this exact same issue start with my car. Ive taken the interior bulb out for now, but obviously this is just a short term fix

It is an 09 2.0 Petrol Gsi.
skydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 10:43pm
Hi, yes, all sorted. Check the rotary control for the lights down to the right of the dashboard (RH drive cars). Mine was accidentally turned to eh setting that leaves the interior light on. No idea what purpose that serves or how mine got turned to this position but easy to solve once you find it. Good luck.
dmatthewjames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmatthewjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 8:23am
Thank you very much. All sorted now Big smile

Must be the most pointless setting / switch in the whole of motoring, but at least an extremely simple and quick fix. I was fearing hundreds of pounds for new wiring looms etc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic