FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Instrument cluster and daylights stopped working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MattFin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Instrument cluster and daylights stopped working
    Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 1:29pm
Hi new to the forum, I have just had my Kia instrument cluster stop working along with the auto on at ignition headlights ( I live in Finland so headlights are mandatory at all times) the headlights work fine when you do turn them on though.

I'm wondering if it's a faulty relay or fuse but I have checked the fuses and they seem ok.

Any help would be appreciated as I have no speedo or fuel level indicator!

Matt.
Sponsored Links

artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 2:10pm
Sounds like a fault with the sensor on the windscreen if its not covered up trip to the dealer i think
MattFin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 2:40pm
The instrument cluster has no power even when you switch on the lights. The headlamps should come on once the car is started as is standard in Ce'ed models sold in Finland/other European countries.

Edited by MattFin - 28 Jan 2017 at 2:41pm
artscot79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artscot79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 3:52pm
I see sorry I misread youre original post the fuse,may look fine there are fuses in the engine bay and inside the car I'm at work but the manual should tell you which at the worst you may have to remove each fuse at a time check it and reinsert look for a break in the fuse wire .its not unheard of to have a fuse that looks fine but its not
MattFin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 11:07am
Checked each fuse but all ok, even changed them, any more ideas? Looks like it may have to go to a dealer 😕
Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 11:48am
Security of the plugs on the rear of the cluster?

Check for power at the plugs on the cluster. I know you've checked fuses but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem between the fuse box and the cluster.
MattFin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 12:27pm
The only fuse I can't find is IGN2 there is a bunch of fuses pictured that aren't under the lid of the fuse box?? IGN2 fuse would be good to check
Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 1:27pm
Fuse 28 feeds the instrument panel and the clock. Does the clock work? That'll rule out the fuse....

Fuse 15 is marked ig2 on my diagram. This is the under dashboard fusebox.

Don't forget there is another fuse and relay box under the bonnet.

You need to check for power at these fuses. Just checking fuses isn't enough as if there is no power at the fuse it can never blow can it?!

Check for power and earth at the cluster itself. If you have both then I suspect your cluster has internal failure. If either are not present at the cluster then that needs looking at.....
MattFin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattFin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 9:07am
Thanks for the advice. I've also noticed that my heated rear windscreen doesn't work either, is there anything common to all these things that have suddenly stopped working? I'm sadly not in a position to be able to check voltages etc so it will have to go to a dealer if it isn't a fuse or something. I'm just desperate to get this fixed as I have to use the car.
Sheets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by MattFin MattFin wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I've also noticed that my heated rear windscreen doesn't work either, is there anything common to all these things that have suddenly stopped working? I'm sadly not in a position to be able to check voltages etc so it will have to go to a dealer if it isn't a fuse or something. I'm just desperate to get this fixed as I have to use the car.

If you aren't in a position to try any repairs or investigations then take it to someone who can. There isn't much use in us suggesting more things to check if you aren't going to check them!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic