FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Inertia cut off switch?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crossy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inertia cut off switch?
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 7:57am
can anyone tell me please is there an inertia cut off on a 2016 Picanto 1?
I recently had someone reverse into mine (and then drive off). The damage was realty minor apart from breaking the under bonnet fusebox.
I've swapped the fusebox and everything electrical works fine apart from the engine will not crank over. Ignition lights all come on but when you turn the key to start it nothing happens?
There is an orange key light on the dashboard display.
Is the immobiliser not disarming?
Or is there an inertia switch that has been triggered in the bump that now needs to be reset?
Any help greatly appreciated please :-)
Sponsored Links

ItsOnlyMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsOnlyMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 12:34pm
I am not certain but I don't think the immobiliser affects the engine cranking, I think it just disables the ignition but someone will tell me if I am wrong.

A couple of years ago my daughter's 2009 Picanto wouldn't crank over and it turned out to be a bad connection on the cable to the starter motor solenoid.

I hope I am not teaching you how to "suck eggs" here and it might be a long shot.
Have you checked the relay for the starter solenoid in the new fusebox? Does it click when you try to start the car? If it isn't doesn't it might be faulty, check the live side connection to see if it is getting current and try swapping it for another one. If it does click check to see if there is a current at the solenoid connection on the starter motor.

2016 1.6 CRDi Cee'd 3
Crossy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:47am
I haven't tried that so will give it a go! Do you know which is the starter relay in the fusebox please?
Cheers & Thanks
ItsOnlyMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsOnlyMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:44am
It's a different model to my daughter's car so I wouldn't know which is the starter relay but there is probably a diagram on the inside of the fusebox cover showing this info. There is on my daughter's car anyway.
2016 1.6 CRDi Cee'd 3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic