FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

IMMO faulty ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bobcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMMO faulty ??
    Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 6:49pm
Sportage will not turn over on key. I've done all the usual checks and satisfied that the battery is good. IMMO) light goes out as it should after a few seconds when the ignition is turned on but the engine makes no attempt to turn over at all. Although the car has been standing it is not mechanical. i'm 99% certain it is an electrical fault and the IMMO seems to be the main possibility. Help if possible please. Many thanks
Sponsored Links

BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 6:53pm
Check earth lead from battery to body and the one body to engine.If you unbolt these you will often find corrosion between the faces where they contact each other, thus giving voltage drop.
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
Bobcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:34pm
Problem solved !! In a rather embarrasing way. I previously tested the battery on my multi-meter and readings were good. While doing some on my model railway I was testing some circuits and discovered a fault on my multi-meter. Borrowing one from a friend soon highlighted that the battery was faulty. New one fitted and all is good. 

Im old enough to have experience of many faulty new components back in the old days - I should have known better, but a multi-meter is not something you expect to lead you astray. Lesson learned.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic