FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Ignition Failure Sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chris1200 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris1200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ignition Failure Sensor
    Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 5:41pm
Apparently this is one of the potential causes for the rev counter not working. Even though the rev counter isn't working the car is driving very well with no problems. I have located the sensor on the engine but for some reason I can't get the plug connector off it. Is it simply a pull off plug or is there a particular method to remove it?
Sponsored Links

f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 6:47pm
a rev counter signal usually comes from either the ecu or the back of the alternator, I find it strange they would fit a sensor especially for it when the ecu or alternator can already do it for free,
chris1200 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris1200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 7:21pm
I'm sure the sensor serves other functions as well but when I googled the rev counter problem this comes up as a possible solution. The wires from the alternator and ecu all look to be ok.
keith123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 4:06pm
yes the ifs does control the rev counter i have just replaced mine if you do a code scan it says crankshaft sensor ignore this. The ifs goes weak with age and is available on ebay for about £7 and there is a silver clip holding the connector onjust prise it off taking care not to lose it! another thing it is fitted to most 2 litre hyundai kia engines and most parts retailers say it does not exist! keith  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic