FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

How long must I wait!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
msimega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 4:00pm
Just been onto my dealer, he just checked on the build for my car and it shows the following :

Car shipped 22/01/18

Due to be delivered to dealers : 20/03/18

I'm hoping that I will be able to pick it up on the 22nd, 23rd or 24th as I am not working those days

Just depends if it gets delivered on that day and how quick they are at preparing the car

Regards

Phil
Coming Later - 2018 3.3 V6 TwinTurbo GT-S Stinger Ceramic Grey
2016 Sportage GT-Line 1.6 T-GDI DCT AWD Dark Gun Metal Metallic   
2013 Kia Pro-Cee'd GT TECH Black (Written Off)
2011 Kia Soul Tempest
Sponsored Links

Gdank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gdank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:37pm
Nice one! Beer

They will ask for 4-5 working days to prepare ... just tell the dealership you would be extremely greatful if they can turn around in a day or two. They don't technically need more than that.
Stinger GT S : Panthera Metal / Red Leather - Ordered - Delivery 1st March.
GTOldie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:21pm
Hi Phil, Suspect our Stingers are on the same ship! Probably take about a week or so to get from Tilbury to Avonmouth!
You can see this enormous vehicle car park from the M5 motorway when passing the docks. Cheers Tim
Tim
Coming April: Stinger GT-Line S Ceramic Grey with red leather.
2014 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT (~1W, In Wales)
Crocoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crocoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by msimega msimega wrote:

Just been onto my dealer, he just checked on the build for my car and it shows the following :

Car shipped 22/01/18

Due to be delivered to dealers : 20/03/18

I'm hoping that I will be able to pick it up on the 22nd, 23rd or 24th as I am not working those days

Just depends if it gets delivered on that day and how quick they are at preparing the car

Regards

Phil

Phil,excuse my ignorance, but why almost 2 months from the car been built to delivery?

Is that shipping time from S.Korea? Tick, tock, eh?
msimega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by GTOldie GTOldie wrote:

Probably take about a week or so to get from Tilbury to Avonmouth!
You can see this enormous vehicle car park from the M5 motorway when passing the docks.

Hi Tim,

Perhaps I should go to Tilbury Docks and pick mine up LOL, I do a lot of work on and around Tilbury Docks and DP World London Gateway, I regularly see lots and lots of Hyundai Vehicles being moved from one part of the docks to another when I am working down there, but not seen many KIA's though

Regards

Phil
2011 Kia Soul Tempest
GTOldie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTOldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 8:57pm
Hi Phil, I've no idea where Kia's are unloaded!
And thinking about it they probably use normal car transporters to move them about the country rather than waste time calling in at another port.
Cheers, Tim
Tim
Coming April: Stinger GT-Line S Ceramic Grey with red leather.
2014 Red Pro_Cee'd base GT (~1W, In Wales)
msimega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 9:01pm
[/QUOTE]

Phil,excuse my ignorance, but why almost 2 months from the car been built to delivery?

Is that shipping time from S.Korea? Tick, tock, eh?[/QUOTE]

Hi Crocoman,

I suspect that part of the problem was that I didn't want the car until March, so who knows when ordered they may wait to build a bunch of cars at once, then ship them out.  I don't know how long it takes to ship them from wherever they are built, but in the end it's not really that long to wait 
Regards

Phil
2011 Kia Soul Tempest
Sportidge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportidge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by msimega msimega wrote:

Originally posted by GTOldie GTOldie wrote:

Probably take about a week or so to get from Tilbury to Avonmouth!
You can see this enormous vehicle car park from the M5 motorway when passing the docks.

Hi Tim,

Perhaps I should go to Tilbury Docks and pick mine up LOL, I do a lot of work on and around Tilbury Docks and DP World London Gateway, I regularly see lots and lots of Hyundai Vehicles being moved from one part of the docks to another when I am working down there, but not seen many KIA's though

Regards

Phil

You may be wasting your time going to Tilbury.

AFAIK, all KIAs come into the UK via Immingham..... Wink

https://mpdl.co.uk/portfolio/kia-motors-national-distribution-centre-immingham/

Edited by Sportidge - 13 Feb 2018 at 9:14pm
2016 Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-Line, Infra Red
dave1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:34am
2 months from build in Korea to UK sounds about right to me. It's a long way and ships aren't that quick, especially when they probably call at various ports on the way here. Ever heard of the slow boat to China.....?
Cee'd 2 Sportwagon 2013
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic