FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Hot Spot App

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
keat99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keat99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Spot App
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:08am
Is anyone using the hotspot app on android.
I'm finding it a little unreliable.

Most days wifi will connect without issue, but some days not.
It's illegal to mess with a phone whilst driving, so if it hasn't connected in the first 30 seconds or so, it's too late, I'm on my way.

2.0 GT Line, In and around Wakefield/Leeds.
Sponsored Links

mr.macspot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.macspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:26am
Same here. It is very hit and miss, more miss than hit.

I've also found if you set the app in auto mode and then try and use the phone's tether option to connect a PC the Kia Hot Spot switches the tether off after a few seconds. You have to switch auto mode of to get tethering to work.

It's a great idea, but the implementation is poor.
2017 Kia Sportage KX-2 (Planet Blue).
xhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:16am
No problems with mine, samsung j3.
Venga 3 1.6 6spd auto. April 2016
keat99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keat99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:04pm
Galaxy S7
2.0 GT Line, In and around Wakefield/Leeds.
mr.macspot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.macspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:48pm
My phone is a Galaxy S5.

2017 Kia Sportage KX-2 (Planet Blue).
Paulbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:49pm
Does anyone know of an Iphone hotspot app?... or can you perhaps use the existing iphone hotspot functionality to connect to Kia through wifi by any chance? ..... thanks
markhig2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markhig2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Paulbell Paulbell wrote:

Does anyone know of an Iphone hotspot app?... or can you perhaps use the existing iphone hotspot functionality to connect to Kia through wifi by any chance? ..... thanks

There's no iPhone hotsopt app by Kia but it doesn't mean you don't get that feature, it just means it's not automated for you. All you have to do is enable your hotspot and connect to it via the head unit.
2016 Kia Sportage '3' Fusion White
From
Insignia Sports Tourer
Othysseus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Othysseus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:22pm
No problems here, Moto X Style (Nougat).
Paulbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:27pm
Thanks for the prompt response Othysseus..... cheers I’ll try it tomorrow....
Senor Valasco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senor Valasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:46am
I was using the App fine for about 3 months since I purchased the car but then it started to fail to turn on my phone's hotspot. I uninstalled and then re-installed the App and re-paired everything and it's been OK again since.

Phone is Huawei Mate 9.
2016 Sportage 2.0 KX-3 AWD CRDI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic