FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

HELP!! cripton factor clutch fault

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MININUT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MININUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by CMRacing CMRacing wrote:

this is the thing i have had the fault occur while vehicle has been on a ramp and when the fault is present clutch pedal does its normal travel to the floor, no fluid lose from anywhere but the slave doesnt not move at all as if the system has a major leak?? once the fault has occured and pedal has been pumped slave opperates normaly pushing the clutch realise springs. dual mass flywheel has no abnormal noises, vibrations or chattering.

I understand what you are saying, the seals in the slave would have to be badly worn for air to be sucked in, as you say if the slave stuck open fluid would remain static in the system. The master cylinder then would draw in more fluid from the reservoir thus forcing fluid into the pipe that is already full.

Sponsored Links

MININUT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MININUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 5:26pm
It is also possible for the master cylinder that you replaced or repaired to be faulty. What your describing  is a typical master cylinder fault.

One last thought, is the supply feed pipe to the master clear?
CMRacing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 10:02am
the cylinder was replaced with a genuine kia master, which was supplied with a new supply pipe. i have checked the pipe and the feed is clear.

have made some progess, have adjusted pedal down a fraction and left pedal depressor on it all night come in this morning to find out side threads of bleed nipple wet with brake fluid ?

changed nipple, pedal is now biting slightly lower but is consistant on road test and does not sink away and fail. will keep trying through out the day to see if all is well
chrismc79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrismc79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 10:34pm
clutch fork? i had a similar problem on my 04.i changed everything master/slave cylinder all new pipes and a full clutch kit,which didnt fix the problem.then  by the off chance spoke to a bloke who was breaking 1 and told me about the forks bending aand then splitting. took gearbox of and the fork was bent really bad and had split £20 genuine kia clutch fork and it is like new.check iif there is any play in the clutch fork its worth a try
CMRacing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 10:32am
issue has not returned *touch wood!! since the bleed nipple and pedal adjustment.

thanks everyone for the replys and knowlegde !! Thumbs Up
freebo12000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebo12000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 4:56pm
The metal cylinder located by the gear box that sits on the hydraulic line from master cylinder to slave cylinder is called the "Clutch Damper".

If you have changed both master and slave cylinders then I would swap this. Its about £60 from SG Petch. Follow the link below for more info;

Dansings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dansings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 4:27pm
HI
My Sedona has just developed a similar problem. The clutch has been replaced but all the symptoms you have mentioned, apart from pumping the clutch to reset, are happening. If I leave the car overnight the clutch works fine in the morning then slowly loses bite again. 

Any help appreciated

Daniel
Mickg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 4:41pm
Had this on a vw after a new clutch , still air in system
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 9:16pm
before you go removing the gearbox have a look up under the dash at the pedal box, they can crack giving the impression of clutch drag
BIRDMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIRDMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 9:43pm
Past post on this and picture on forum 30 May 2015 under heading problem clutch

Edited by BIRDMAN - 06 Jan 2017 at 9:46pm
Santa Fe Auto towing Swift Archway+ Auto & manual Picanto's, Sorento Auto now gone
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic