FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

help and advise crdi soul shaker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Buddyspudface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buddyspudface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help and advise crdi soul shaker
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:18am
hello soul mates, just took the time to read the entire 37 pages of to be honest great reading.i have just picked up a bit of a shed.its a 2009 shaker crdi 1.6. 108000 miles.with kia history for 5 years then back street garages.i would like any advise or assistance on any of the following.
faults
1 clutch engages 10mm from floor
2 both bulbs had blown front side lights
3 reverse camera not working
4 roof entrance/exit light in middle of roof not working
5 headlight adjustment makes noise but no movement
things I have checked with regard list
1 no leaks from cylinders brake fluid correct level and golden brown/dark
2 ordered new ones
3 got a live and earth to camera.mirror does nothing but grean light flashes when in reverse
4 got earth but no lives.when door open nothing,even the front roof light only goes on when you press the button
5 you can hear the motors spinning just not moving the headlights

things I intend on doing
1 change the alloy wheels to smaller 15/16 inch currently 18 inch gloss black
2 repair leather on steering wheel its rotten
3 repair fag burn in seat
4 buy a blank key and get it cut due to key falling out of fob
5 buy touch up paint
6 try source some kind of workshop manual even if its just for engine
7 find and remove egr valve clean and install again
8 change gearbox oil/engine/brake fluid/antifreeze
9 remove and repaint all 4 arm rests on door cards due to paint damage/fade
of course now these cars are getting older more and more people like me will be self servicing but the lack of technical information with regard manuals is gona make it a hands on experience of trial and error.
anyways thanks for reading if anyone still comes here that is.

Edited by Buddyspudface - 09 Jan 2017 at 7:37am
LEEDS UNITED this could be our year
Sponsored Links

grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 11:30am
Hi Michael, you'd be surprised how many members read the forum "cover to cover"(or am I the only one?) I think you may need a new clutch which will no doubt cost a lot. The rest is less important but I understand the problem of not having the workshop manual. Good luck with your project
Buddyspudface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buddyspudface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 12:26pm
thanks grumpy, not to bothered about the cost of the clutch its around £100 and ill do it meself. just took the rear camera off and took it apart. lots of fur inside and after cleaning reassembly and install still not working.lol
if anyone else has a rear camera can you confirm what should happen with regard the rear view mirror. mine has a green light at bottom when ignition is turned on then when reverse is selected it moves to another green light only this time it flashes. thanks
LEEDS UNITED this could be our year
grumpycrdi View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpycrdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:19pm
Just a thought: It may help you to ask about this in the 2014 forum. It might be a similar set up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic