FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Handbrake adjustment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KennyKen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyKen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Handbrake adjustment
    Posted: 13 May 2018 at 6:59pm
My lovely seedy ceed has failed on handbrake I've tightened cable up lots under center console nut tensionerI think it needs adjusting at wheels. Any guide on what I need to do?

Tia
Sponsored Links

RichardB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 3:29pm
HI, Might be worth undoing center console tensioner 1st and adjust drum after as you can make more adjustments at the drums.
Jack rear wheels up, you can do it one at a time and release hand brake with car in gear and wheels chocked.
Remove Wheel and take rubber bung out of drum.
Turn wheel until it is about 6 on a clock.
Use torch and shine in hole and you will see a cogg.
Place flat screw driver into slots on cogg and move screwdriver up or down,can't remember which way but you will feel the brake drum start to bind.

Get it to bind until you cannot turn brake drum.
Now release cogg 4 clicks and the drum shoe will be about 1mm gap.

Replace rubber bung and repeat on the other side.
Easy to do just hard to explain.
mcsport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:43pm
Parking Brake System.doc is the one you want. Other useful Manuals on there as well.

Adds some Pics to Richard's good advice above.
gtd2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtd2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:19am
I'm kind of in the same position right now as well.

Just waiting for a free day to make the adjustment, also did the under console adjustment last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8nZyqvYMqc&t=27s
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic