FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Gutted!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 5:27pm
if you trace the pipe first to see if it is the pressure pipe or the return pipe, if it is the pressure pipe you will need either a new pipe or if the pipe is a standard size such as 10mm or 8mm you can get a compression fitting from a plumbers merchant that will join it where it has burst, if it is the return then a piece of hose and two clips will cure it,
Sponsored Links

chris1200 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris1200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by jimcale jimcale wrote:

Hi Chris, glad to hear you like your car' I am however surprised to hear you have no central locking, do you mean it doesn't work---oriisn't fitted??? Hard to believe its not got one on it. Jim

Sorry, it does have central locking but it's key operated and working perfectly. I got 4 keys with the car. 3 of them are black and seem normal and the 4th is a grey one which I assume is the master key. Sadly there is no fob to open the central locking. I don't think the LE model came with it.
chris1200 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris1200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by f0ster f0ster wrote:

if you trace the pipe first to see if it is the pressure pipe or the return pipe, if it is the pressure pipe you will need either a new pipe or if the pipe is a standard size such as 10mm or 8mm you can get a compression fitting from a plumbers merchant that will join it where it has burst, if it is the return then a piece of hose and two clips will cure it,

It was indeed the return pipe and it was fixed with a piece of hose. Great job and working perfectly now...fingers crossed it stays that way!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic