FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Got some led headlamp bulbs coming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Pongee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 5:56am
All,

Thanks so much for the swift responses and pictures looks like the Aus caps a similar to the Yank models and utilised a 4 tab flat design and no spare space at the back. I have resorted to ordering a set of caps for a Sorento (comes with 2 big and 2 small protruding caps) from Korea. Downer is they’ll take a more than a month to arrive and see if they actually fit.

Cheers,

P.

Edited by Pongee - 23 Sep 2017 at 8:17am
Sponsored Links

KevinBattle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinBattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:36am
Pongee: Don't you have a Kia dealer near you, or perhaps a salvage yard where you could get the caps sooner and cheaper - to see if they fit?

Off topic: We have family in Alma Road - is that near you?
New 2016 shape 1.6 petrol T-GDi 7DCT White GT-Line Auto.
Pongee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:42am
KevinBattle,

A combination of lack of time and familiarity with the Melbourne junkyard scene conspires against me going down that path. In any case DST starts next week, so the need isn’t that urgent.

Re Alma Road, there’s about 5 of the dotted around Melbourne, which somehow all seem to be about 15-20km from where I am (Oak Park). The St Kilda Alma Rd appears to be the most famous one 😁

Cheers,

P.
MerlinL14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinL14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 7:48pm
I am having an issue where 1 bulb is going out after about 10-15 mins (same bulb), there is no warning on the dash and as it isn't getting real dark yet I only notice it in the reflection from the car/van in front. As soon as I turn lights off then immediately on the bulb illuminates again for another 10-15 minutes. I have contacted the seller and am awaiting a satisfactory response to my issue. This has happened with lights set to Auto or manually turned on. Ballast isn't overly hot, as I can hold it in my hand without going oooh aghhh hot hot hot.
Sportage ISG 2 Dark Gunmetal Grey (Delivered 19/9/16)Still lovin' the way people ogle at my car
Turnup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 8:11pm
Bummer.  Try exchanging the bulbs but not the ballasts from side to side.  If fault moves it's the bulb.  If fault does not move swap the ballasts from side to side.
Sportage 1.6T DCT GT-line
MerlinL14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinL14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Turnup Turnup wrote:

Bummer.  Try exchanging the bulbs but not the ballasts from side to side.  If fault moves it's the bulb.  If fault does not move swap the ballasts from side to side.
Yep, that is going to be my next course of action. But going to do ballasts first as that is the quickest, they have quick connects.

Edited by MerlinL14 - 25 Sep 2017 at 9:08pm
Sportage ISG 2 Dark Gunmetal Grey (Delivered 19/9/16)Still lovin' the way people ogle at my car
learoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote learoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:45pm
make sure the ballast is as far away from the heat sink as poss as the ballast will have over heat protection.mine did that on the passenger  side one till i moved the ballast hope this helps
kia 2.0 gt-line in fusion white
MerlinL14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinL14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by learoy learoy wrote:

make sure the ballast is as far away from the heat sink as poss as the ballast will have over heat protection.mine did that on the passenger  side one till i moved the ballast hope this helps
I have just this minute swapped over the bulbs and made sure that the ballasts are as far away as possible. Was told you also had an overheat problem Learoy so was hoping you would post up and let me know how you 'solved' it. I will drive out to Manchester tomorrow and see if the bulb is still lit. Coincidentally mine is also the passenger side! Wonder if there is less of a space in that side?
learoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote learoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 7:54pm
I swapped the ballast over but I think the nearside one was sat behind the heatsink causing the problem.have done 2x 2 hour trips and 1x3hour trip with lights on and have had no problems.my ballast is sat in the bottom of the head lamp
kia 2.0 gt-line in fusion white
MerlinL14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinL14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 3:09pm
I put he ballast as far from the heatsink as possible and the passenger side headlight is still powering off. I have swapped the bulbs over, going to try swapping the ballast. If that doesn't work it looks like I wasted £63! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic