FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Good tyres?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gman88667733 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman88667733 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good tyres?
    Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 10:56am
I currently have Wranglers on the front wheels and then Dunlop AT20s on the back wheels. The back tyres are lethal. There is no grip whatsoever, i have to drive up a steepish track of slick concrete every day and the car slides all over the place and has no grip. I often have to resort to selecting 4wd and even 4wd low sometimes.

Can anyone suggest a decent set of tyres that are good for grip? I don't want to fuel consumption to dip too much, as we are currently getting 27mpg around town, which we are pleased with.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

rcwood08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcwood08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 3:12pm
I have 'Maxxis A/T's'...they were £360 fitted...those are 255/55/18's though...I would have liked smaller rims with 'deeper' tyres but they are standard rims on the xse...the ride is definitely 'firm'
hoverspeed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoverspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:45pm
Try Khumo they have excellent grip and good fuel economy I use them and cannot fault them they cost £75.00 each 245 x 70 x 16

Edited by hoverspeed - 12 Jun 2018 at 9:47pm
journey108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote journey108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 9:56am
Ive used Goodyear Eagle LS2's on mine for years last ages and excellent grip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic