FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Fitting keyless entry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Si-e38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si-e38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fitting keyless entry
    Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:13pm
Hi I'm new here wondering if anyone can help me out.

I recently bought a 2006 sedona that only has key central locking and I bought one of these ebay keyless systems had a go at fitting it on Saturday but with no luck. Can get power to the unit but can't seem to work out what wires in the door work the central locking.

Has anyone got any experience of fitting one of these kits? Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Edited by Si-e38 - 24 Jul 2017 at 11:14pm
Sponsored Links

f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 6:58pm
I need to know how your existing central locking works, if you lock the doors from the drivers door all will lock. if you lock the doors from the passengers door what happens?
Si-e38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si-e38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 7:33pm
Hi yes from driver's door they all lock but from passengers they all lock apart from the driver's door. Hope that makes sense.
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:20pm
you will need to fit a c/l motor in the drivers door, all of the doors apart from the drivers door has a c/l motor installed. if you want remote c/l you need a motor in the drivers door as well so that this motor locks the drivers door which in turn locks all of the other doors. you need the door trim panel off and the membrane, then mount the motor somewhere inline with the locking mechanism rod. with the motor you should get something that looks like a bike spoke and a small clamp, this spoke goes through the c/l motor eye and the clamp attaches to the existing locking mechanism rod.
Si-e38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si-e38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:29pm
Right OK. On another note the drivers door locks when you lock the passenger door from the inside would this not mean there is a motor in the drivers door? Thanks
Si-e38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si-e38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 5:03pm
Right turns out I do have the motor for central locking in the drivers door. So Iv got power to the keyless unit I bought and I found 4 wires going to the motor in the door but can't for the life of me figure out where to put the white and the white and black wire from the keyless unit to. Anyone got any ideas?
f0ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f0ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 8:48pm
it depends what is coming out of the white and black wires. you might find it is volt free switching, ie, a relay inside the unit, the usual way when you already have a motor in the door is to trigger the motors from the signal wires that go to the existing door locking switch. you need a volt meter to measure what you are getting at the door switch, if it has a rocker switch on the drivers door to lock all doors you should be able to tap in to that part of the circuit.
Si-e38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si-e38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 9:10pm
No worries I sorted it last weekend its a single switch circuit if that makes sense. So had to cut the wire going to the central locking motor in the car and connect both white and white and black wires along with a earth wire from my new control unit. All sorted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic