FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

First inspection service for 66reg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
traceyed1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traceyed1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First inspection service for 66reg
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:46pm
Just picked up my sporty from its first inspection service. Asked them to update the DAB settings but they haven’t got the update? Bit peeved. Really as I know some of you have had the update for the missing info that’s isn’t being displayed without the update. Surely this update should be nationwide? Anyone else not had the update? I am in the North West area.
Thanks
Sponsored Links

Cornish dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornish dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:53pm
Yes my dealer say they don't have it not sure they don't just to busy to do it but who knows
crankup View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crankup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 3:44pm
That's annoying. Mine in Yeovil had it and included it without charge.

><>-----   66 Kia Sportage KX-2 CRDi in Planet Blue   -----<><
MerlinL14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinL14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:32pm
Not had mine done either, refused to pay £25 for map updates so dealer said he would have to order in software separately, l called him out on that and reported them to Kia UK. Chapelhouse St Helens.
Sportage ISG 2 Dark Gunmetal Grey (Delivered 19/9/16)Still lovin' the way people ogle at my car
Signman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Signman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:51pm
My wife insists on Magic or Smooth and both only have a playlist of about 24 songs....which I hear every hour or so all through the day in the car and at our workplace, so I have the map and speed limit showing and don't bother with the inset radio panel.
2016 Sportage '4' 1.7crdi Gun Metal - From 13.4.16 Lovin' it. 31k miles covered ave 46mpg
2014 Sportage Black Edition 1.7crdi 25.7.14-13.4.16. 37k+ enjoyable miles covered, averaging 48mpg.
SportagePhil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportagePhil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:20pm
Our radio was updated free of charge, they charged £25 for the map update (initially £30 until I got Kia customer service involved ( leading to an indignant call from the service manager insisting they’d never been told what to charge. My suggestion of “nothing” made him sound even more indignant))

Phil
Vitesse2l View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vitesse2l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 8:29pm
Just had the first service on my kx4 with the kia care plan. They replaced the headlights under a recall (applies to a limited bulb type) and updated the maps. Radio was fixed too (info shows now) and gave it a good wash. No £25 charge and I'm very happy. That's Marsh Kia, Exeter.

It was 45 mins delayed from what I'd been told but I was kept informed while I waited so no problem for me.

Edited by Vitesse2l - 20 Oct 2017 at 8:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic