FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

Failing Clutch Slave Cylinder?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
daznkel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daznkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Failing Clutch Slave Cylinder?
    Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:05pm
Hi, looking for some help/advice please.

Over the last week, my 05 Sedona 2.9 CDTi has been dripping what seems to be clutch fluid from the joint between the gearbox bell housing and the engine. This has coincided with it getting increasingly difficult to engage gear.

This evening I got in the car and fired up, but the clutch pedal felt very light and it was difficult to engage gear. After pumping the pedal a few times, I could engage gears, but as I didn't want to take the risk of driving it and the slave failing completely, I left it on the drive and took my wifes car out.

I didn't check the level of the brake/clutch fluid reservior, but will do so tomorrow. I suspect the slave cylinder seals are leaking, but just wanted to ask anyone's thoughts.

Furthermore, is there a "how to guide" anywhere on replacing the slave and any recommendations on parts please.

Thanks in advance. Smile
Sponsored Links

daznkel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daznkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 10:29pm
Been out today an had a look at the fluid reservoir and it is just under the max level.

There is also a puddle of fluid on the drive about 10" in diameter, which is dripping from the bell housing to engine joint. 

Any help/advice???

Andy325i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy325i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 9:43am
Is it definitely brake fluid in the ground? Seems like it is likely to be. What's the fluid like? If it's black and muddy like then consider changing the master cylinder at the same time. I will be doing both on ours soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic