FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

excessive smoke and erratic idling on startup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
gtd2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtd2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 2:00pm
Lots of info on this very subject unfortunately and it appears Hyundai and KIA do not have a solution..some reading for investigation

New car frustration
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?s=db377fb0c680ec90109aff84199d5689&t=2754344&page=2#topofpage

TOPIC: WHITE/LIGHT GREY SMOKE ON START UP  (READ 3579 TIMES)

Sponsored Links

gtd2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtd2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 2:02pm
Lots of fed up i30 owners out there.

This is one suggestion: "I have an i30 wagon. This happened to me. It's your glow plug fuse"
Kiahero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiahero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 9:43am
Morning, sorry for the late reply but I was a bit busy lately. Glow plugs were replaced but not the fuse. I believe this is something dependent on ambient temperature since in summer the problem disappears completely only to return in November as soon as the temperatures start falling below 20c. Do you have any idea how to contact Kia Europe technical division, I cannot find any e-mails or address.thanks
gtd2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtd2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Kiahero Kiahero wrote:

Morning, sorry for the late reply but I was a bit busy lately. Glow plugs were replaced but not the fuse. I believe this is something dependent on ambient temperature since in summer the problem disappears completely only to return in November as soon as the temperatures start falling below 20c. Do you have any idea how to contact Kia Europe technical division, I cannot find any e-mails or address.thanks

I'd get in touch with your local KIA dealer to provide this contact information as a first step. Or the local KIA Customer Service at +356 2269 2123

Edited by gtd2000 - 18 Jul 2018 at 11:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic